Please help

Edy

Good morning/evening to all, 

it is a day 4! :1_grinning: .. and I am actually doing good ...i am not struggling as much i did in the past..  which is strange..

it makes me feel: 

- embarrassed: why was i postponing it for so long .. and was panicking about the quit 

On 7/18/2019 at 1:31 AM, Boo said:

Anticipation and worry leading up to an event are often more troublesome than the event itself.

exactly!! 

- embarrassed also because.. i am wondering why am i so privileged to have it easier than others ..  feeling sorry for others .. 

- anxious that the addiction is not manifesting right now as expected and normal..  but it will hit me later when i am less cautious.. 

- as it is being a relatively easy quit .. i may just think .. oh.. i have no problem .. i can do it any time .. .. and will relapse again .. 

today was actually somehow the hardest day so far .. more cravings and i felt like crying 😰 ... not sure if it is due to quitting or life itself .. 

• Like 5

Fantastic job on day 4 -- you are doing great.  Glad that you posted what you felt, hopefully it will help keep you focused and understand that the cravings can sneak up on you.  As to this being the hardest day just keep committed and if need be come back here especially if you need to post an SOS.  You are doing good -- pat yourself on the back!!!!

• Like 2

Edy you are doing great.  I think the two are intertwined (life and quitting).  If things were going bad in my life,  I would be chain smoking.  

As I look back on my quit journey, it does not seem so bad.  There were bad moments but wonderful support.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Edy said:

today was actually somehow the hardest day so far .. more cravings and i felt like crying 😰 ... not sure if it is due to quitting or life itself .. 

Quitting can produce similar effects to grieving a personal loss. Denial & isolation, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance. Quitting is a huge life change so don't be concerned that your emotions are all over the place early on. Just focus on staying quit 1 hour at a time. Setting small goals will get you there in the end. 

• Like 4

Each quit is different, Edy.

Be grateful you are having a relatively easy time

and stay vigilant.  You may have triggers that seem to come out of nowhere.

NOPE your way through them, breathe your way through them and reward yourself for conquering them.

You are doing great.

• Like 1