Please help

Edy

Hello all, 

Please I need your help, support.

I want to quit again ... I’m struggling with making this decision, scared of making decision ... shall i do it now or tomorrow..? 

I’ve done it several times before: each time was different. Sometimes it was a huge struggle sometimes easier .. Once i even thought: OK i am quitting the last time: if it works great, if it doesn’t ... let it be.. I was so tired of going through it, that I was ready to accept it if I had failed .. 

but here I am and I don’t want to accept it ... it is so self- destructive .. so against the human nature .. I feel horrible.. i feel guilty, frustrated, and angry at myself .. 

Just a thought of quitting makes me panic and make grab another one . ... just as if I wanted to store as much as possible in me .. 

haha ... how absurd..

I had some good excuses why I started again .. but I know I didn’t have to - it was self pity or self distraction..  

Please help me with starting ... and I will keep going ...  the words: "you can do it"  can do miracles.. 

all the best to all of you - keep on ..

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Edy!!! You can quit smoking whenever you want to, but keep in mind that the sooner you quit, the better. Write down your reasons for quitting and keep the list of reasons to remind yourself why you quit. Also, think about why you went back to smoking and learn from past mistakes, so that you don't go back to smoking again. Take the NOPE pledge a day at a time. Post an SOS when you need to and stay close to the board. Here's the thread on posting an SOS:

https://www.quittrain.com/topic/8-posting-an-sos/

You will get plenty of good advice and motivation from the people on QuitTrain. All the best!!!

Edited by Ankush
  • Like 3

Welcome, Edy.

Forget about past experiences. Instead focus on the 'now'. Now is where you want (and can!) quit. It is doable, just as much for you, as for anyone else.

You ask, shall I quit today or shall I quit tomorrow? My advise would be, make up your own mind about that. Take matters into your own hands, it's empowering! Lean on us for support along the way, that's what the board is here for.

There is plenty to be scared of.. but, actually, there isn't. Because you will find your way and you will discover how strong you really are.

Let us know what you decide!

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 3

tomorrow ... 🥴😫

thank you both.. i am already totally stressed and irritated .. and feel that cribbeling  .. therefor i think it is regardless smoking .. and smoking may make it actually worse .. 

• Like 4

Edy, you must be willing to change

and you must be willing to honor the commitment to Not One Puff Ever (even just for NOW, one minute at a time).

This is a commitment to yourself.  Quitting isn't that hard, it is just the addict's voice that is lying to you.

You Can Quit.  We quit !  Believe just a little bit.

I am glad you found us.

Have a stroll through this thread 10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Quit Smoking

• Like 5

Welcome Edy, planning a quit date is stressful, especially once it arrives. That's why for me it worked better to prepare instead of plan. By that I mean I quit smoking in places I normally smoked. I also waited just a few minutes more from the regular times I normally smoked.

When the day did arrive that I decided not to buy anymore and just be done it made going into those areas and doing those things much easier. I didn't instantly crave a smoke.

Glad you've decided to take back your life. We will be here as much as you need or want to help you :) 

• Like 3

Anticipation is way worse than actually doing. That applies to most life situations you don't really want to do but know you must do. Jump in, all in and stay on the forum for education and support. That will help you. Quitting won't kill you but continuing to smoke just might. One day at a time my friend. It IS possible for anyone to quit!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Edy said:

i am already totally stressed and irritated .

Anticipation and worry leading up to an event are often more troublesome than the event itself.

There will be challenging moments starting a quit.  Moments that are temporary and fleeting.

You'll live to tell about it and eventually realize the only regret you have about quitting is that you didn't do it sooner.

Take a deep breath and set yourself free.

• Like 3

Welcome Edy.  I truly hope you decide to stay and start that quit.  You can feel your desperation in your post.  

I smoked for 42 years and never felt that I could quit.  I was ashamed and afraid that I could not quit.  I finally found freedom on this forum.  You can too.

Just make the commitment.  We are here for you. 

• Like 3

Thank you 🙏, thank you all!  ❤️  ..  the day one has began for me .. I am just trying to make myself busy... and concrete on something different that’s why I didn’t respond so far .. I will try to survive till the evening and then I will reflect... that’s the plan...  😬

• Like 7