Withdrawals

Diane R

4 hours ago, Diane R said:

I’m going to stop taking it in the next couple of weeks. I don’t think I need it for a full 3 months.

Hi Diane, I am no expert in Chantix, wouldnt know if thats the wisest thing to do (quit early). Like Jillar said, Ive also heard from people who went straight back to smoking after quitting the program early. 

I went cold turkey, but I did have some time frame in mind. No worries about over-eating the first month, shifting focus to exercize only after 6 months (i tried walking daily though, from the 2nd month or so), making sure I celebrated every milestone and counting weeks on a calender. I wanted to have a grip on my first year and I was well aware of all the triggers/patterns (both daily, seasonal, mental and many others) to overcome. This time frame helped me a great deal. I am not one for NRT's, but I can imagine that the programs that often come with it, like with Champix or patches, can be helpful. Working towards something. 

Do you have some kind of plan, or will you just go with the flow? 

• Like 2

I have quit before. I just stayed busy and I did start going to the gym. I plan on that again. When I smoke I can’t do all the workouts I like. I love spin classes but no way you can do that and be a smoker. Of course I changed the place I went. In the  beginning I just made it hard to find places to smoke. That helps if I’m out having a few drinks with friends. Most of my friends don’t smoke. So that is helpful. Even when I smoke I don’t like the smell and I can always smell it. When I don’t smoke I can really smell everything so much better. I went out with a few friends that at the time where smokers and it was a bar you could smoke in. The is how I started again too many drinks and friends with cigarettes that didn’t talk me down. Today I don’t go out drinking like I did than. One I can’t drink like that now. I have type 1 diabetes. Two I’m 12 year older so out drinking like that doesn’t do it for me. I’ve made a lot of life style changes. So this is the last one. So I guess I’m just doing the things I know worked last time.

• Like 4

Sazerac believe me I know it wasn’t a successful quit. I think I learned I can just a one. And I have no  intention on go though this again. No fun and I have better things to do with my time than put those nasty little needy things in my mouth again. 

• Like 2