Newbie here!

Diane R

Actually you can now stay on Chantix up to six months but I don’t plan on taking it that long. If I didn’t think I needed it I wouldn’t be on it. What works for some doesn’t work for others. If you can do it cold turkey that’s wonderful. I know I can’t I need a little help. 

• Like 3

I wish I quit. I’m closer everyday to being smoke free. The Chantix is doing it’s job. And I’m trying my best. Chantix does make it easier for me to say no don’t want that. But the habit is such a part of my life. 40 plus years of smoking minus 1 1/2 years that I quit. I must find other things to fill my time. Up until yesterday I had such fatigue I could barely get out of bed. I plan on going to the gym to fill some of my time. I don’t work now so I have a lot of free time.  It I’ll get there. I’m  determined to make this change. I can I will I must!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diane R said:

It I’ll get there. I’m  determined to make this change. I can I will I must!

This sounds like you have the right mindset! You definitely can,  I am sure of that. 

Writing here helped me a lot, to share whatever I was going through, but I was also holding myself accountable that way. No way I'd cave after everything I wrote down... 

• Like 3

Hi Diane,

I hope your quit is going well. I took Chantix last year and I can absolutely relate to how it worked for you. I had the same experience...I was vaping at the time, which I absolutely loved, but I'd go outside to vape only to find that it wasn't what I wanted, it wasn't satisfying and it definitely did not taste the same. And I was a passionate vaper. Never thought I'd quit. So it was a miracle that it suddenly became unpleasurable. Unfortunately I began to experience the mental health issues that some people experience with Chantix and had to stop taking it on the advice of my doctor. Of course I went right back to vaping...whats a passionate vaper to do? (read: sarcasm). Fast forward about nine months later. My vape broke and instead of quitting right then and there I started buying cigs about three weeks ago. I am currently on day two with an NRT for what seems like the millionth time in that three weeks. I'm finally past day one. Starting day two and doing exceptionally well in terms of cravings.

All this is to say...CONGRATULATIONS. I'm so glad Chantix worked for you, because its a freaking miracle.  I sincerely hope you are still smoke free!

• Like 3

Thanks Michelle! My quit is going well. I am having more problems with the mental part of smoking. I’m not craving cigarettes in the least at the moment. And today seem like the  fatigue is finally going away. But I still have the mind set of a smoker. That’s the part I’m working on now. Good luck on your quit. It is a hard thing to do. But my new motto is I CAN I WILL I MUST! And I tell myself that every morning. 

• Like 1

Yes you WILL and you MUST and so will I. The mental triggers are hard. For me they are things like getting out of the car, getting into the car,  12 step meetings, first thing in the morning, before bed and breathing. Oh ya, and Tuesdays. The sun coming up. You name it. We will both get there. The farther away we get from our last smoke the easier it will get. This is how I had to think about my other addictions.

• Like 2