Back...again. Dayone

Michelle you're going to have to quit caving to a crave if you want to succeed. You're going to HAVE to realize that the first month WILL suck and not give in. We have all had to go through the misery, some of us using the SOS forum to keep our quits. 

Stick close to the board. Vent, post, read, socialize, celebrate milestones. Do whatever it takes to help keep your mind off smoking. I found supporting others really helped not only solidify my quit but kept my mind off my misery.

Instead of caving, post an SOS. We will be there to help you through it...

Edited by jillar
  • Like 2

You are determined to keep trying to quit and yes, that's admirable but what you really need is to focus that determination on staying quit once you finish that last cigarette. That's what really counts in the end.

You seem like an accomplished professional person. Use that same determination you must have had to get to where you are in life to stop smoking for good. Of course it's not easy but nothing worth having ever is - I expect you know that.

Going through the worst part of withdrawal over and over again is no way to live you life. Get this quitting thing done once and for all. It's within you there somewhere. It's within all of us. You just need to find it then hang on to it for dear life. As Jillar said, get involved here on a regular basis. It will help you focus on your quit. 

You clearly want to quit so ..... dig in! Let's get this done once and for all.

• Like 2

Michelle you can do this!!!!  I smoked for 42 years and never thought I could quit.  The people here carried me through those difficult days -  all the way through to freedom.  I stayed glued to the forum.  We all want to see you succeed.   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MichelleDoesntSmokeAnymore said:

You can't say I'm not determined....

you seem to be determined to torture yourself.

Put some determination into your quit !

Think about why you are defeating yourself.

Once you make the commitment to yourself to never take another puff you will stop the torture.

You are stronger than any crave or trigger.

Get involved with your quit, educate yourself about nicotine addiction.

Read read read everything you can.

Tell us when you are feeling overwhelmed or when you are losing focus.

We can help, if you let us.

S

• Like 3

Michelle, you need to focus on the quit.  You have the knowledge and yes the determination to quit -- you just need to focus all that on to keeping the quit.  As said above do not be afraid to reach out -- do not be afraid to got to the SOS board.  We all know that quitting is a daunting task and we have all been there before and we can share our experiences with you and to help you thru the difficult times.  All you need to do is focus and give yourself a chance.  At least you are continuing to try and coming here to let us know -- good or bad -- so that shows there is the will now come here to this site to educate yourself and find a way, you can do this!!!!!

• Like 3

Michelle, you have to finally know that for the rest of your life you will be one puff away from a pack a day.  ONE PUFF!  NOPE is not just a cute saying we pledge...it is the only way to a successful quit.  Make your pledge each and every day,  and keep it!

• Like 3