Phillip Farking Morris ...

That's so odd because I got something from Marlboro too today. Two coupons for $1.50 off a pack of cigarettes! I use to get those things all the time in the mail for $5.00 off a carton and I hadn't gotten one since my birthday in March! You would think they would have figured out that I hadn't used a Marlboro coupon in over three years and stop sending me those things

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

How do these people know your name, address and DOB?.....I'd be more freaked out about that tbh. That just creeps me out... Maybe it's just a US thing?....I don't ever remember the tobacco companies doing give aways or vouchers down here. That's so outside my realm.....

What's the AARP letter? Is it like a senior's card to give you discounts on things like the movies?

• Like 2

We had vouchers ..a loooooong time ago ....to recieve gifts ...like a free lighter ...lol....

So I should imagine they would need a address to send it ..and as a numpty smoker who needed another lighter ...say no more ...all the addresses are on file somewhere I bet !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

How do these people know your name, address and DOB?

What's the AARP letter? Is it like a senior's card to give you discounts on things like the movies?

They know address/DOB because people signed up for discounts and free stuff as Doreen said.

AARP  American Association of Retired People.  Yep, The Elder's discount card and a lobbying group.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

How do these people know your name, address and DOB?.....I'd be more freaked out about that tbh. That just creeps me out... Maybe it's just a US thing?....I don't ever remember the tobacco companies doing give aways or vouchers down here. That's so outside my realm.....

I've never gotten anything from Phillip Morris here in the US but then I never dealt directly with them and almost always bought a carton using cash.   I imagine that there is multiple ways they could get your address

1.  if you got any of their "prizes" from their catalog

2  Ever ordered cigarettes online (when it was still legal)

3. Used a credit or debit card at a tobacco shop which would record what and how often you buy.

That data got shared with Philipp Morris.   Always be careful what you do online folks.

I did get an AARP letter almost on the day of my 50th birthday though.   I joined of course do get all of the old fart senior discounts.

Edited by Wayne045
  • Like 4

Eff all these tobacco companies

I can almost see their lecherous advertisements

" Feeling low and alone?

Are you old and all by  yourself...

With no one to wish you on your birthday or your anniversary?

Have no fear...

Phillip Morris is here...

We never forget your birthday or your anniversary..

We're here to encourage you to your deatheversary....

So go ahead have a Phillip Morris today..."

Eff 'em

How the hell did they get info on addresses and birthdays anyway?

*Just a sarcastic take on how tobacco companies may try to feed off the aged, nothing else*

Edited by Ankush
  • Like 3

They got my info because years ago they had a promotion called Marlboro miles. You saved up your miles and then bought things with them from their catalog. You had to fill out the order form complete with DOB to prove you were 18. I bought a Marlboro backpack, duffle bag, mini binoculars and a few other things with my miles. Since there was no internet back then it was all done through snail mail and I've been receiving things from them ever since. 

• Like 2