Stats Parade

Whispers

1,685 days. 

I can't believe I used to smoke.  I was around some smokers today and the smell was horrible.

Stick with it if you are early on in your quit.  Things get so much better with time and the freedom is definitely worth any early struggles.

• Like 8

When I started on this journey I loved looking at my ticker and seeing the days add up.....still do! My mom quit July 20 of 1991 and asked me for her stats...so I am reaching out to you @Whispers 

How many days would that be for her? 😋

Edited by Rozuki
grammar
  • Like 4

I've been quit for 17 1/2 years, and by a conservative estimate I have not spent  $48,106.50 on cigarettes that I otherwise would have spent during that time.   That's assuming, of course, that I would have survived the widowmaker heart attack and cardiac arrest I experienced (at age 40) seven years AFTER I quit, which every physician I've encountered tells me would not have happened had I still been a smoker.  

Christian99

17 1/2 Years Quit

Edited by Christian99
  • Like 4

On 7/4/2019 at 12:40 AM, jillar said:

@Rozuki, if your mom smoked a pack a day (20 cigs), at $3.00 a pack ( I was guessing) and quit July 20, 1991:

?do=image&language=english&filename=6799

Oh and congratulations to your mom @Rozuki  :)

Thanks, @jillar!  I am going to visit with my Mom tomorrow and show her these stats....she will be amazed and proud! 😉

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, jillar said:

@Rozuki  found this and thought it was something you could show your mom the next time you visit her, her awesome stats 😊

?do=image&language=english&filename=6799

Thank you, Jillar!! I am seeing my Mom this Tuesday as we celebrate her 87th birthday at the nursing home/rehab center. She will be impressed with her awesome stats!

As per the new NYS Covid-19 rules: We have to show a negative covid test result from W/I last 7 days to visit with her for 1/2 hour. They only allow 2 visitors at a time. There are 5 of us siblings. You do the math!

Right after we visit with her, we have to book an appt to visit her next week (only 1 visit per week) then get another covid test and hope there isn't a delay in getting the results back as right now could take 2-6 days for results!!!! I was lucky this time-got my results back in less than 2 days. If you want the rapid test, you have to find a place doing it....and they charge $50 for that even if you have insurance. Such a mess...but we will be bringing cupcakes for all...lemon w/ lemon cake and chocolate w/ yellow cake...Mom's favorites! 🎉😷

• Like 3

14 months since quitting the nicotine gum... that's probably 2145 nicotine delivery devices not chewed.

8 months and 8 days since stopping smoking. That's about 2530 poisonous smoking sticks not inhaled.

I've probably already saved about $1300 so far.  I think the biggest gains so far have been mental...for instance I no longer experience the indignity of standing outside in the rain to get my fix, feeling like a spectacle or an outcast, or just plain fahREEZIn!

• Like 3