San Francisco Set to Become First U.S. City to Ban E-Cigarettes

I stood at the bus stop this morning ....

There was  a woman older than me with a vape machine in her hand 

I watched her take a deep long puff.....I waited to see how much smoke/vape would come out ...and I waited ...nothing ....nothing came out ....

I asked myself ...where has all that crap gone ....I could only come up with one thing ...... her lungs ...

Scarey !!!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I have gone by people in cars that I thought were vaping.  I can see this huge swirl of thick smoke (like a genie coming out of a bottle.  I thought that is what vaping was.

Am I wrong.

8 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

I have gone by people in cars that I thought were vaping.  I can see this huge swirl of thick smoke (like a genie coming out of a bottle.  I thought that is what vaping was.

Am I wrong.

13 minutes ago, Whispers said:

@Linda Thomas i used Blu E-cigg , you see it on tv and people using it, they brainwash you. With Blu i was able to "think" i quit.

I tried that also before I found the forum.  I thought they were just air and no nicotine.   The Juule they have been advertising on t.v. makes it sound like you would be quitting if you use it.

• Like 1

I`m not sure how I feel about banning the sale. For minors, of course but what about cigs? What about recreational use of pot?  Education is the key and I think truth in advertising and marketing would be a good place to start but that is not easy to enforce in our economy. It`s sad stuff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, garry mhudson said:

I`m not sure how I feel about banning the sale. For minors, of course but what about cigs? What about recreational use of pot?  Education is the key and I think truth in advertising and marketing would be a good place to start but that is not easy to enforce in our economy. It`s sad stuff.

They want it they'll find a way but its a start.

• Like 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/banning-e-cigarettes-not-tobacco-products-ludicrous-some-public-health-n1022176?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma

Banning e-cigarettes, not tobacco products, is 'ludicrous,' some public health experts say

"It makes it easier to get cigarettes than e-cigarettes," one public health professor said. "It really sends a bad message to other cities and to youth. It basically says we think vaping is worse than smoking."

That is a good point.

Interesting article

It is a good point-- stricter regulations on all nicotine products should be in place (for goodness sakes it is a poison!).  As to banning e-cigs it may be in response to how popular it is with youth and the seemingly positive advertising vaping is getting -- hard to tell.  The best step for right now is go the direction that a few states are taking and moving the age limit to 21 -- also making nicotine products more expensive might make a difference -- hard one to watch/oversee.  We will have to see how this all plays out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The reality of vaping and ecig is we don’t yet know the long term affects. But from my understanding they work like an inhaler. So I would think they can’t be good for you in the long term. But for me I don’t what to replace one vice for another. 

• Like 1

Inhaling anything but fresh air into your lungs can't be a good thing. We all bought the lies from big tobacco many years ago and most of us (including myself) refused to believe the truth would actually affect us even when it was revealed by the recognized medical community. This whole vape thing is the same old story in a new wrapper as far as I'm concerned. I'm not buying it is safe or even safer than smoking cigarettes. By the time the truth is really known, yet another generation will be addicted to nicotine and at possibly higher levels because you can choose the nicotine level in your vape juice as far as I can gather.

I'd hate to think what it would be like to quit if I was addicted to even higher levels of nicotine that what I was when I did quit!

I absolutely adore vaping. If it wasn't life threatening I would still be vaping. But it is. And people are lead to believe its safer than smoking. And kids love it. All of which means that though I love everything about it, its evil and I wish it had never been invented.... for everyone's sake, not just mine

• Like 2