Nostalgia?

Kdad

Hey all

It is almost 9 months for me and I have never been this close to smoking. I see smokers and I linger over the thought of joining them. It is nihilism and a "whatever" attitude mixed with rebellion. I admit to not being on the forum lately. Maybe that is it.

Well, nihilism sure isn't a help in keeping your quit.  🙄  Thoughts of joining other smokers are the same as other thoughts that enter our minds that we must push right back out.  We can't control which thoughts pop into our heads but we do have a choice on acting upon them.

• Like 3

Hey kdad, sorry you're having a tough time. Even though nine months seems like forever when we quit it's really just a drop in the bucket compared to all the years we smoked so these bad days here and there are to be expected. That's one of the reasons we say stick close your first year. 

Now, even once past your first year you should expect a few wtf days too. So that's why we also say never let your guard down. I had days like you're having too when I was that far along. I even thought about smoking a congratulatory cigarette when I made a year 😵

Good on you for posting, I hope you're feeling a little better by now and I promise you that this too shall pass so stay strong. You got this :)

• Like 3

I hope you are doing better now, @Kdad 

9 months smoke free is great but you have to keep up that great work.  There is nothing to be nostalgic about with smoking.  It does nothing positive for you at all.  Keep the quit.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Kdad said:

Hey all

It is almost 9 months for me and I have never been this close to smoking. I see smokers and I linger over the thought of joining them. It is nihilism and a "whatever" attitude mixed with rebellion. I admit to not being on the forum lately. Maybe that is it.

Just dont say F-IT and have one. I have occasional thoughts but i laugh at them, addict brain we all have. Its not withdrawal its just a thought. Sometimes i wanna call an ex as the sex was so good but she was a crazy B--tch and i dont want the drama 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hear where you are coming from Kdad, I was there a couple of times myself.  I just looked really hard into myself and saw (and still do) all the good that had come from quitting and that would get me thru.  Also that one year mark had a big draw on me -- I really wanted to see the Lido deck and it was worth every day.  Keep strong and keep close !!!!

• Like 3

On 6/15/2019 at 12:50 AM, Kdad said:

Hey all

I am sorry I missed this on Saturday, @Kdad

Hope you NOPE'd your way through.

Some of my most egregious triggers jumped out when I was 10 months quit.

These were the dying embers of my active addiction.

The last few neural pathways need to be blazed as a smoke free person

and these are times to bring out distinctly luscious rewards which will assist in turning everything around.

Please let us know how you are doing.  We all know about the tenaciousness of addiction, for sure !

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 4

Oh Kdad.  I am sorry I missed this.  Hope you were able to push yourself through the craves.  I have noticed you have not had your unique Nopes lately.  Don't let life lead you back to that dark cloud over your life.  You have come too far.  

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 4

Kdad....really hope you made it past this gloomy moment.  This is a fickle and insidious addiction.  You can be fine for months, then BAM!  The cravings hit.  You feel like your "missing out".  But remember, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING redeeming about smoking.  It is a horrible f%#&ing killer.  There are too many people here who can testify to the misery smoking has brought upon themselves and their loved ones.  That's nothing to say "whatever" to.

Keep the quit.

• Like 4

Thanks all! I feel better. I have a new friend going through hard times and smoking. Trying to help him stay positive but haven't suggested this forum yet, going to. Anyway, it helps me to help someone else.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kdad said:

Thanks all! I feel better. I have a new friend going through hard times and smoking. Trying to help him stay positive but haven't suggested this forum yet, going to. Anyway, it helps me to help someone else.

I am relieved to hear from you Kdad !

Stay vigilant, odd triggers may well catch you off guard.

NOPE your way through and good on you for helping your pal.

Education is essential and this site has a plethora of information.

Please encourage your friend to access all the materials here.

• Like 3