NOPE = not one puff EVER

Jan

4 th time quitting on day 3....   tried chantex,  hypnotist, and hospital programs all with fail results.... would get over the hump and give in for just one! Well....then I’m a smoker again!  Can’t smoke one and lie to myself it’s only one and I’m still a non smoker!  Don’t even remember my life before I started to smoke..... stay strong!  My new motto is NOPE = not one puff ever!!!!

• Like 6

Set a goal of three days without smoking.  Whenever you get the urge to smoke, quickly shift your focus onto something else because the crave will go away in a few minutes.  I think your mind is your own worst enemy right now.  How much of the educational material and videos have you read/watched on this site?  Immerse yourself into this and learn about this drug addiction because once you do, you're armed with the knowledge never take another puff.

• Like 5

Welcome Jan and congratulations on quitting. Lots of us (most) have a few failed attempts before we found our forever quit. What helped me find mine was being a part of a forum with others who knew/know exactly what I was going through at any given time. Stick close here, we will help you however you need or want. 

We have lots of stuff here to help keep your mind off smoking. So check out all our various forums. And please post an SOS BEFORE you cave to a crave and let us try to help you past it. They really do work if you truly want to keep your quit.

• Like 5

Welcome Jan.  I have tried every one of those quitting remedies and none of them worked.  I was not able to quit until I found this wonderful forum.  There is a lot of information, support and humor here.  They guided me through the difficult days (which really is only hell week) and made me realize that wanting to quit was way more powerful than that crave.  Once you get a few weeks under you belt, the rest is really changing your thinking.  Quitting smoking changes you life for the better.  

Just stay close to the forum and call out if you need us.  We are there to help you through this journey!

• Like 3

Hi jan and Welcome. I have had quite a few quits and even blown a long quit, something will click eventually that this is an addiction and nicotine is a drug. Cigarettes are poison and like mentioned  our mind becomes our worst enemy. Replacing the smoking with something else was the trick for me, i used a straw when i would normally reach for a smoke. I would grab candy go for a walk and i started to exercise more and associate that anxious feeling with a healthy choice over smoking. The first few weeks are the toughest but worth it.  Move a muscle, change a thought was my goto every time i was struggling. I'm no super human, actually i'm just an average man. If i can do it you can do it 

• Like 2

Hey Jan, welcome aboard.

You're amongst friends and fellow travelers on their own quit journeys here. It's tough, totally understand, but it's not impossible. And we all know that from experience.

There's a load of information out here, and this forum is super amazing with lot of support. So stick around and shout when you need anything. I wish you the best on your journey and hope to celebrate a lot of milestones with you on this journey.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jan and welcome aboard!!! Follow the advice given here by other cigarette quitters. You've already made NOPE your pledge to staying quit and that's great. Post your pledge under the "The Daily Nope Pledge" section on a day to day basis along with others in thread everyday. It will be like the one goal you want to achieve everyday and writing it down on the forum along with other cigarette quitters will help you stick to your quit. As mentioned, whenever you get a crave you're having trouble with, post an SOS in the "The S.O.S. Board" section. Do make a list of the reasons for quitting smoking. Watch Joel's videos. I hope you've stocked up on plenty of fruit juice. Drink plenty of juice and water, it will help flush the Nicotine out of your system. All the best!!!

• Like 1