How many times did you want to do this

Mee

Spirit Airlines passenger banned for life after allegedly vaping on flight http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AACAOg8?ocid=se

This struck me funny.  What people do because of their addiction.  I can't tell you how many times I thought I could sneak into a bathroom and have a cigarette and nobody would notice.

Exhaling into a paper bag.  How silly, everyone know a plastic one would have been better.😂

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm not proud of this, but I would chew some of that nicotine gum when I had to fly.

Still remember being in that awful smoker's lounge in the airport (you remember...the place with the stained gray walls that smelled like the Devil's asshole) chainsmoking and popping pieces of Nicorette before boarding the plane.

Being an addict is no way to live.

• Like 4

I was as addicted as anyone, but never even considered smoking in an airplane bathroom. I mean, they make it pretty clear that it's not allowed, so that's that. At least for me. I'd either chew nicotine gum or just deal with the cravings.

You can be damn sure the first thing I did was go out and smoke the minute I got off that plane though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimHannoonen said:

And then there's this...

Man jailed for nine years and six months for smoking in plane toilet

I wonder if this was enough to get him to quit smoking!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JimHannoonen said:

And then there's this...

Man jailed for nine years and six months for smoking in plane toilet

https://metro.co.uk/2017/05/25/man-jailed-for-nine-years-and-six-months-for-smoking-in-plane-toilet-6663266/

At first I thought that was pretty extreme. I thought it was just a fine for smoking on a plane. Then I read through and found that it started a fire and put everybody on the plane in danger

On most flights I would just deal with cravings and light up as soon as I could after getting off.  On long 6+ hr flights I would use gum

Edited by Wayne045
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jillar said:

Ours are smoke free too I think

Yes, its contraband. They use the toilet to hide the smell . They get that in through the laundry and baby diapers if they dont put that in their body

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

It would have been in Victoria, our prisons are now smoke free, he woulda had no choice.

1 hour ago, WeegieWoman said:

I think scottish prisons are now smoke free also 

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Ours are smoke free too I think

I am so shocked at this.  I always thought prisoners had more rights than the victims!

Its very sad but addicts will do anything to get their fix, smoke on a plane in the bathroom use baby diapers i'll give you another. AT my mothers wake it was in between the day and night viewing, i got there early for some alone time and i saw a homeless person in the big ashtray outside taking all the half smoked ciggs. I asked the people working and they said they always do it.

• Sad 1

Yea they do that at the bowling alley here. I found out the hard way when I still bowled and smoked. I never had time to smoke a whole one so I would run out, smoke about half and save it until I had another chance to sneak out. But every time I came out the other half was gone...

Fun fact: the name of our bowling team was The Smoking Bowlers lol. And we won the league that year 😋

• Haha 2