Quick hello and letting everyone know that I am not able to respond to messages sent via Quittrain messaging system

Joel Spitzer

Hello everyone. Back in January of 2018 I put up my last post here at Quittrain. Here is a link to that post: https://www.quittrain.com/topic/9632-i-am-moving-on-from-the-board/?tab=comments#comment-235850

In that post I wrote:

"I am going to leave my account open in the event people have questions or concerns that they feel I may be able to help with, they can write me through Quittrain's messaging system. This should cause no disruption on the board.”

A few people have reached out to me since then through the messaging system and I was glad to be able to help them when I could. 

When anyone sent a message through the Quittrain messaging system I would get an email notification—allowing me to sign in to be able to respond. I would then generally sign in anonymously so as not to stir up any problems with the board and send out my replies. Recently though there has been two technical issues making it impossible for me to operate this way. The first is that it seems now that I cannot login anonymously on the board now. I see this issue has been discussed in the string Anonymous members no longer anonymous?. The second problem is discussed in the thread PM - Emails. I no longer get notified when people send me messages.

I know that Maryland Quitter is trying to get these problems fixed but for now they are existing issues. Until these problems are resolved I won’t be logging in and thus won’t be seeing and obviously then not responding to messages. I just wanted to give members a heads up on this issue for I don’t want anyone writing me and thinking that I was ignoring their requests. 

I hope everyone is well. 

Joel 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Joel.  I have not taken the opportunity to thank you for all you have done.  If it was not for this forum, I would not have been able to quit my addiction.  

The magic of this forum and the wonderful support has lead me through the difficulties of quitting.  I had tried hypnosis, smoking cessation and patches and could not be successful.

I am now 10 months quit and know that smoking will never be a part of my life again.  Thanks so much for sharing your compassion, wisdom and creating this community of support.

Linda 

• Like 1