Newbie Check In....

jillar

18 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Don't get too excited guys. Not smoking won't change me from being an over opinionated, volatile, self righteous dick lol. 

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emo

12 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I used smoking as an escape from having to face problems that came along in my daily life. It gave me a chance to as your say Ankush get to "a peaceful quiet corner" where I could contemplate the issue before facing it head on. What was really happening was that I was just feeding my addiction, which calmed the anxiety caused by my addiction to nicotine because I hadn't had a smoke in an hour or so. Meanwhile, the problem I was facing was still there just festering and often getting worse because I wasn't doing anything about it. 

So much better now that I don't go through that ritual any longer. Now, I just deal with things as they come along. Overall. my anxiety and stress levels are much, much less. You'll see, once you get a little further into your quit.

@reciprocity When I was a smoker, sometimes I used to contemplate the issue causing stress and anxiety and sometimes I never used to contemplate, just used to tell myself to calm down. As always, thanks for your advice

Edited by Ankush

9 hours ago, Lilly said:

Hopefully once we get past the next couple of months we'll feel more comfortable with our new lives.

Yup, I'm just waiting for this period of "mental adjustment" to not being a smoker to run its course.

• 1 month later...