Reflections

QueenB

In my addiction, the morning was the time of day when I would bang out 4 or 5 cigs. with a cup of coffee and watch the news before work.  This morning I realized that my routine is still the same minus the cigs and my flesh is not screaming/crawling for one!! I was so happy because my first few days of my quit that was the most difficult for me.  You all said it would get easier and it is. I just wanted to share that with you. Thank you

• Like 4

Did you relapse? Your counter is off. Quitting is about time. The more time, the easier it becomes. You done completed your daily milestones and now you're working on weeks. Keep looking forward to the next one (2nd week in your case) for a sense of accomplishment. It's a very good feeling when the milestones are achieved. Get to your monthly milestones and it becomes much better. The milestones really start to pay off...………...You can do this, we have.

Hi, my quit date is March 12, 2019. I quit smoking before I joined the group and  then I was having problems setting the darn thing!! But thank you Ethan I am looking onward and upward

No I didn't relapse

Do you know how I can correct that

• Like 1

Thank you Jillar. I don't want to sound like I'm over-the-top with this, but no one could have told me that this was possible FOR ME!! I was a tough little mama about my cigarettes! Not anymore, I am a non-smoker and I'm LOVING IT

Hey Ethan, we can chalk it up to the foggy brain. LOL

• Like 1

Thank you all for the encouragement.  It was NOT easy and I certainly don't want to come across like it was.  I worked very hard, educated myself, and still have a lot of work to do! I'm just happy in this moment.  In my research(IDK where)I came across something that said, at the beginning of your initial quit most people will be very encouraging, supportive. But after say 3rd  week and later

People have forgotten/don't care about your quit.  YOU, then in turn have to encourage yourself as you go through this process. It's an awesome time if you can get through the first couple of days. I do anything, any how, any way NOT  to take another puff.

8 hours ago, QueenB said:

You all said it would get easier and it is. I just wanted to share that with you. Thank you

Congratulations QueenB.  

Just as we conditioned ourselves with the repetitive act of smoking, the moment you ashed out the last one you began reconditioning yourself as a nonsmoker.  

Cheers to new neural pathways.  Good riddance to the habitual rituals of smoking.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, QueenB said:

Thank you all for the encouragement.  It was NOT easy and I certainly don't want to come across like it was.  I worked very hard, educated myself, and still have a lot of work to do! I'm just happy in this moment.  In my research(IDK where)I came across something that said, at the beginning of your initial quit most people will be very encouraging, supportive. But after say 3rd  week and later

People have forgotten/don't care about your quit.  YOU, then in turn have to encourage yourself as you go through this process. It's an awesome time if you can get through the first couple of days. I do anything, any how, any way NOT  to take another puff.

The good people here never forget the struggle they endured so they understand what you are going through and will continue to support you through your entire quit journey and then some so, no worries there.

You just need to focus on quitting for you and your future well being.  

• Like 1