Feeling Down

Lilly

3 hours ago, Tammy said:

Hi there quitter (in a beautiful sense of the word of course) :)

You owe no explanation to anyone on the way you are working towards your quit Lilly.

You're a fighter and the battles that have gone are just notches on your belt, and boy are they piling up. Don't let anyone tell you what your quit is or isn't.

I do hope you are doing better, and more importantly acknowledging what a badass you are for fighting this fight. I know you are.

Thanks so much Tammy x

• Like 2

Lilly, I've been following your quit since day 1. And I'm so proud of you for using the SOS system and making it work for you! I know there are people who believe it doesn't help--that if someone is going to smoke, they are going to smoke no matter what. You are proof that this is not the case. I, too, have used the SOS system successfully. I was one breath away from lighting up, and the encouragement from my fellow quitters shifted my focus long enough that the desperate craving passed. It can work if we let it.

As for what other say to you about using NRT, just say this to them...

"Have you seen me put anything in my mouth and light it on fire? No? That's because I'M NOT SMOKING!"

You got this. I believe in you.

• Like 4

@abbynormal thank you so much. 

I have two more weeks on these 14mg patches and then I step down to 7mg for the last two weeks. 

I have a feeling I'm going to clean up at the forum awards - biggest drama queen, biggest cry baby, most miserable face and of course biggest it's all about me me me!! I better build myself a shelf lol xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hang in there funkyfunjo.  I promise life will get better.  Don't let those thoughts make you think smoking will make life better.  Try to stay busy.  If you need a good laugh, visit "The stick of the day" on the forum.  It was my laugh of the  day when I was in my early quit. \

Keep posting if you want to talk.  We are here!!!!

• Like 3

What you're going through is completely normal Funkyfunjo and part of the process but I promise you it will get better. I like Linda's idea about checking out our social forums. There are so many good, funny threads there. If you're not a 'stick of the day' type of person we also have jokes threads and confessions, which is hysterical if I do say so myself 😛

• Like 3

This is natural, funkyfunjo, but lighting up will not make anything better.  Stick with it - the longer you stay smoke free, the better things will get.

As Linda and Jill said, there are a lot of distractions here in the socializing and games sections that can help keep your mind occupied and off smoking.

Do what you have to do to keep from smoking.  Things do get better.

• Like 3