Still here!

abbynormal

I know I've been pretty quiet lately. I'm still here! My quit is still very much intact. I've been lurking but not posting much. I'm going through some very overwhelming health stuff, and my mind is on overload.

The thought of smoking popped into my mind briefly a couple of days ago. I dismissed that thought immediately. My autoimmune disease is affecting my lungs, and the thought of breathing in anything other than clean air is repugnant to me now. But the stress...the stress is the trigger. Thank goodness I am strong enough to say "NO!" when the Nicodemon whispers in my ear. Even with all I am going through, I can still say no to smoking.

You can, too. I promise.

• Like 5

So happy to hear from you Abby. Sounds like your dealing with difficult health issues.  Know that I am praying for you.  

You definitely want to hang onto that quit.  Smoking would probably make your lung issues worse.  Please keep us up on everything.  We care!

• Like 4

Great to hear from you Abby.  Sorry about the health issues, I know the stress that can add to your life.  It looks like you have the right attitude and are keeping strong.  Prayers are with you!!!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, abbynormal said:

The thought of smoking popped into my mind briefly a couple of days ago. I dismissed that thought immediately.

And that's how it's done.

Good job and good luck with everything.

• Like 3

Good to hear from you Abby, I sure hope the pulmonologist will be able to do something to help you. I know how it feels to not be able to breath 😞 I'm thinking positive thoughts for you, xoxo

Imagine how much harder it would be if you hadn't made the decision to quit

• Like 3

Your quit family here cares about you Abby and it saddens us to hear you are dealing with the health struggles you are having to deal with but you have done the most important thing you could possible do in terms of your lung function by quitting smoking. Stay strong and let us know how things are going.

• Like 3

Glad you are still here, Abby! Yes, the health issues can be overwhelming at times (don't I know it!)... but remember that your quit has made you stronger than ever!

Stay positive...

• Like 3