My exam result time is near , and i am feeling very stressed out

Sunshine59

Maybe speaking in the S.O.S section helps .

I am waiting for my 5th semester exam results .it must arrive within a week .

After this ,  my last semester starts . Total 6 semesters in 3 years

Every time this happens i go through a lot of stress .

I am suddenly restless and impatient .

How do i calm myself down ?

d2db08ac33bb783b68b969920d2d7ac4.png

@Lilly,

Yes , I did .. It sort of works and calms you down .

I then switched off the computer , went outside and i was laying on a slab outside the house staring at the skies at 12 o clock noon through the shades of the tree .

Feeling much better

• Like 1

Stay focused on the future (without cigarettes) Potts.  You have a lot to celebrate 4 mos without cigarettes and 5 semesters of school finished.  You have come this far, I am sure you will do well.  Go for a walk, take that cute little daughter for an ice cream - just don't give in to that crave.  You have got this now. Don't lose that quit!

Edited by Linda Thomas

This same issue has come up in the past, a couple of times now. What did you do then to deal with the anxiety from having exams?

Keep busy & distract yourself. Keep your mind occupied with something other than thoughts of smoking. You seem to be suggesting that smoking will take away the anxiety you feel about your exams. That's actually not the case. Smoking would only add another anxiety to your life. The additional anxiety nicotine addiction creates. Smoke 1 and withing an hour or so you will feel the anxiety building to light up another and so it goes. On and on without end. How does that solve your anxiety from exams? 

Life is full of stressful events and moments of anxiety for everyone. As non smokers, we have to learn to live our lives without smoking as a crutch or some kind of magical potion that takes away all our troubles - it doesn't. It just add to them. 

• Like 1

@Linda ,

Yes , I live near a beach 😄

@reciprocity , Doreensfree

I am expecting the declaration of results tomorrow or maybe day after tomorrow.

It was during a time like this i smoked last time after a month of staying away from smoking .

But after that i quit again and now this is the 4rth month without any cigarettes .

Anyway this time it is not happening because ,

1.I do not have any cigarette with me

2.I am not planning to buy any cigarettes

3.I do not have a very strong cravings

Thanks for the reply everyone

• Like 2

@jillar ,

All the artificial light i have been staring into has been irritating me a bit .

I still spend a lot of time behind PC , i will have to continue doing this until i finish this course .

Yes that sunlight coming from the shades was of the right luminous intensity , I don't know what else to call it . It was very bright white and had an orange shade .

I laid there like that for at least 20 minutes and it was a very good feeling 😁

• Like 1

I did not know this ,

10 Best Ways to Increase Dopamine Levels Naturally

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-to-increase-dopamine

9. Get Enough Sunlight

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a condition in which people feel sad or depressed during the winter season when they are not exposed to enough sunlight.

It’s well known that periods of low sunshine exposure can lead to reduced levels of mood-boosting neurotransmitters, including dopamine, and that sunlight exposure can increase them (50, 51).

One study in 68 healthy adults found that those who received the most sunlight exposure in the previous 30 days had the highest density of dopamine receptors in the reward and movement regions of their brains (52).

While sun exposure may boost dopamine levels and improve mood, it’s important to adhere to safety guidelines, as getting too much sun can be harmful and possibly addicting.

One study in compulsive tanners who visited tanning beds at least two times per week for one year found that tanning sessions led to significant boosts in dopamine levels and a desire to repeat the behavior (53).

Additionally, too much sun exposure can cause skin damage and increase the risk of skin cancer, so moderation is important (54, 55).

It’s generally recommended to limit sun exposure during peak hours when ultraviolet radiation is the strongest, typically between 10 am and 2 pm, and to apply sunscreen whenever the UV index is above 3 (56).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks have gone after this post and they still have not declared the result in the website .Great

Feeling stressed out again .

My last semester books to learn has arrived

And i am still waiting for my 5th semester results declaration .

This is really annoying , Lol

Anyway , I am still not going out and buying cigarettes .

Is there someone at the institution you are studying at who you can contact to see why they haven't been posted yet or, maybe another student you know to see if they are still waiting as well? Would ease your stress level if you could speak to someone else in the same position as you.

Good job on not smoking though. You know it would make no difference at all in getting your results.

@Lilly ,

Thanks for the reply

@reciprocity ,

Since its a distance education thing i don't get to see the students until i reach the exam centers for examination .But there are people arriving there doing different courses coming there for exams .

I only have this one person on phone who i can talk to about the course .Even she  is waiting for the results .

Anyway i only have 4 more months to finish the entire course .

Yes , no smoking at all .

• Like 1

Good Job Sunshine59.  Your world is changing and getting better.  It is hard to do school with family.  I admire your fortitude.  Keep that quit going and you are on your way to a better life.  Good luck last semester.

• Like 1

@Linda

Thanks for the reply .

I have done Bsc computer science before , but after 3 years in the college and all i lost 2 math related subjects and i was never able to complete that lost subjects .

I joined this course 7 years after that . Meanwhile i was working .Small jobs mostly .

Anyway thank god , i am slowly slowly completing this course .

• Like 1