5 years free

Phoebe2

23 April today (hurry and catch up please rest of the world!) 5 years ago I made one of the best decisions in my life!

No one ever thought I'd quit smoking. I decided to quit cold turkey. I remember I psyched myself into hating smoking so much I actually gagged while smoking my last cigarette. I educated myself for a few weeks before I quit on how the Big Tobacco companies use emotional and physical means ( like putting bronchi-dilators in your cig to help you breath better) to keep you addicted. I watched Youtube video's on how they market cigarettes to a certain demographic these days - young people (kids really) in Third World countries. It's criminal.

I'm not saying it was easy. There were days I cried with frustration. Days I didn't know what to do with myself because I wasn't engaged in all that smoking time i.e thinking about it, buying them, smoking them. Having to deal with the odd trigger even a year or two after quitting. You just have to accept you will feel uncomfortable while quitting and don't be afraid of who you are underneath the addiction. Let the real you arise and deal with any emotions as they appear instead of smoking them down. You become a better person if you weren't dealing with your real feelings. There were so many benefits to quitting it's amazing to look back with 5 years of hindsight. NOPE works for me. I protect my quit with everything I have.

Thanks for being a big part of that journey :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi phoebe! Congratulations on five years quit, what an awesome accomplishment :) Thank you so much for checking in and giving all those behind you encouragement. It's always so good to see you... I hope you have a great anniversary and a wonderful day :)

th?id=OIP.w6VoSenKCZKMRr5ApJQVxgHaFj&pid

• Like 3

Hi Jillar! I know I don't come by and visit very often these days but you all are close to my heart. I've been looking around and it seems it's pretty solid these days with Mods and admin looking after the place.

Thanks for the cake! Take care x

• Like 3

Oh I had you all set..... was just popping in to post... I tend to wait until after work and cooking dinner to do the woohoos because besides Cbdave, Fab, you and I most on her are from up North, way up North. So had ya waited till night time you would have got....

Congratulations @Phoebe2 for being 5 years smoke free!

Well done Phoebe on having half a decade under your belt, that is such an achievement and down here it means you have saved thousands! I hope you are doing something special to celebrate this great milestone. Hope you can spare a moment to pop in an let us know how you are traveling.

image.png.153cb42ce1fc87ba7c1b149916238844.png

• Like 4

Thank for the congrats everyone! Johnny5 you are not far behind either! Way to go! DoreensFree and you have passed the 5 year mark too. Congrats!

In fact congrats is due to everyone here because its amazing to me that we here have managed to quit. We got it right!

Jo, way up North? Last time I looked I was way down South but not as South as the  Map Of Tassie.  *cheesy grin* How you going?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...