Test from the universe...

Kdad

I go for a daily walk around the block with my dog. Today we were almost home when I saw something in the middle of the sidewalk, a full pack of cigarettes! I stared at it in my hand for some time. Then I put them in a nearby mailbox and kept on walking. I guess I didn't trust myself to throw them away at home. 

• Like 9

Good job! I bet this resonated with you in terms of just how strong your quit has become. It's a great feeling and these are the moments we remember about our quit journeys :) 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Good job! I bet this resonated with you in terms of just how strong your quit has become. It's a great feeling and these are the moments we remember about out quit journeys :) 

True that!!!! 

• Like 1

Gotta love that.  The same thing happened to me early in my quit except I wasn't walking a dog, just myself.  Without thinking, I took all of the cigarettes out of the pack and threw them in a creek.  Unusual for me because I am very against littering.  I hope the person whose mailbox you put them in is not a recent quitter.  Imagine that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What brand were they?  Good job on not smoking. I think if it had been me,  I likely would have given in depending on the brand. Just hope the universe doesn't decide to test you during a particularly weak time. The weak moments come and go.

17 hours ago, Pearlie said:

I hope the person whose mailbox you put them in is not a recent quitter.  Imagine that!

Oh that would be hilarious. You see a thread pop up on here, "Someone put a pack of cigarettes in my mailbox".

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Jet Black said:

What brand were they?  Good job on not smoking. I think if it had been me,  I likely would have given in depending on the brand. Just hope the universe doesn't decide to test you during a particularly weak time. The weak moments come and go.

Oh that would be hilarious. You see a thread pop up on here, "Someone put a pack of cigarettes in my mailbox".

I didn't recognize the brand. Would have been harder if they were Black American Spirits. 

• Like 1