Tammy is 10 months smoke free!

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @Tammy for being 10 months smoke free.

Well done on reaching double figures. You should be so proud of how far you have come from when you first quit ten whole months ago. The support you give to others, both coming behind and in front of you is inspirational. So work has been full on giving you less time here, but you still pop in when you can and we all rejoice. Make sure you do something extra special to celebrate this anniversary, double figures is such an achievement.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you my friends, it is indeed revitalising to celebrate 10 months.

Last month I came pretty close to buying a cigarette, standing next to a store and mentally seeing myself remove some change and taking one (they sell them here in single units as well), lighting it up and taking a puff.

I could feel the relief as though I was smoking already as the vapour would leave my mouth...took all of what I value and have built up as my quit to not replay my thoughts in real life.  I am so so glad I didn't give in because all it takes to reset the counter is that one puff. And next thing you know you're marginalising the second smoke of the day, and then the third and before you know it, you're lining the pockets of the tobacco companies with money and your lungs with tar.

So damn not worth it.

And these threads make that struggle worthwhile. Each one of you has won innumerable battles against this filthy addiction and are my guides. Each one of you has picked me (and so many others) up when I stumbled. Each one of you gave unconditional support when I needed it, and at times when I didn't even know I needed it.

My quit is built of all these memories and my commitment to myself, that I will not abuse this chance. Thank you my QT family, forever and more.

• Like 6

Great job Tammy.  Congratulations.

8 hours ago, Tammy said:

My quit is built of all these memories and my commitment to myself, that I will not abuse this chance. 

A quit built upon a solid foundation can stand any test.

• Thanks 1