Where are ya,all ????

Doreensfree

Noone in my area to car pool with. If I drive it's about an hour each way but I still have a medical restriction on my lisence. I can do local trips. It's not like that everyday, just when something goes wrong. The 2-2.5 hours each way is normal...will be better once it cools down, because then I can use the time to crochet so it will at least feel productive.

• Like 1

G’day

My grandparents fought for the 8 hour work day. So the day consisted of 8 hours work, 8 hours sleep and 8 hours Leisure. 

With our city’s getting so big and that job for life doesn’t exist any more so we are forced further afield. A commute is getting part of life now. 

You cant sleep on a bus or train or behind the wheel ;(

You can’t work on a bus or train and I don’t want to be an Uber driver.

So that leaves the commute time to come out of you leisure time.... we are going to be so much poorer for that

C

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the joy of having a root canal during the last week....all done now and dentist said all looks good...tooth has been saved! Taking my last antibiotic pill for today....

image.png.48588fa11edf9a292a5b850901f4eb6e.png 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/16/2019 at 10:11 PM, notsmokinjo said:

This was the bus stop.... because 9 train lines out of action:

ZQ

Well that's part of the line... it want from the corner of Flinders Street Station, over the bridge, around the corner and down the South Bank. 😞

I saw this picture the other day. Was it all caused by a lady being hit by a train and killed ☹️

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Rozuki said:

I had the joy of having a root canal during the last week....all done now and dentist said all looks good...tooth has been saved! Taking my last antibiotic pill for today..

I feel your pain.  Just looking at you picture sends shivers down my spine.  Not my favorite experience in life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Sooooo.....who's eating chocolate eggs ?????......and what is your favourite ......mine is black magic ,when I do eat chocolate which is very rare ....

No chocolate for me.  I am a jelly bean addict - pink and purple are my favorite.  I am being good though because I need to shed some of this extra weight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jillar said:

@Linda Thomas, how is your back feeling? I know you're getting ready for your camping trip tomorrow so I hope it feels better and you have a great time :) 

It is a little better.  As long as I take the anti inflammatory and an occasional pain pill, I am mustering through.  We have been packing all week so we did not overdo it at once.  My husband is doing the lifting.  We leave tomorrow morning.  

We are meeting up with my grand daughter at college, so grandma had to make a special  meal to feed the starving college students.  She has quite a few starving friends.  

Then we are off to a week of just relaxing and camping. 

I do have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor when we get home.  I am just hoping it will continue getting better.  It is hell getting old! 

• Like 4

What a lucky granddaughter AND her friends :) I also agree that this getting old shit sucks lol. Glad you're feeling a little better though, xoxo :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 2

On 4/18/2019 at 9:54 AM, Cbdave said:

G’day

My grandparents fought for the 8 hour work day. So the day consisted of 8 hours work, 8 hours sleep and 8 hours Leisure. 

With our city’s getting so big and that job for life doesn’t exist any more so we are forced further afield. A commute is getting part of life now. 

You cant sleep on a bus or train or behind the wheel ;(

You can’t work on a bus or train and I don’t want to be an Uber driver.

So that leaves the commute time to come out of you leisure time.... we are going to be so much poorer for that

C

Almost word for word what I said the other day... well except it was my great-gandparents ;) .... all those work rights our ancestors fought for are vanishing.

• Sad 3