Newbies !!!!

Doreensfree

Hiya. In 12 hours I’ll be 4 weeks smoke free. Still having “moments” though not as often, they seem to increase in intensity and duration. Still taking it 1 day at a time. Emotions still swinging from very proud to very depressed but hope this will settle soon. Good news is the brain fog’s gone but left a short temper/snarky tongue which is taking some managing lol.

Am having issues posting on here - not sure why . I can like posts but can’t always post comments- this is the first time I’ve been able to in over a week- you should all be grateful for that 😂

• Like 12

As far as not smoking is concerned, all good so far. I will complete two smoke free weeks tomorrow, 15th April, 11:30 PM. Just sticking to my daily pledge of "Nope". Out of habit, the thought that its time for a smoke after eating still occurs sometimes and then I remember I'm smoke free and just forget about smoking. I drank Rum yesterday and did get triggered (for a very short while) for a cigarette but I did not smoke.

@Doreensfree I'm assuming the part about being nosy was a joke.

Edited by Ankush
  • Like 8

Glad to hear you two are doing OK and still on track with your quits! Readjusting to life as "normal" really does take quite awhile but you are both doing well and experiencing completely normal quit symptoms and yes Dizzy .... they will all correct themselves eventually. I know the one that took the longest for me was that hair-trigger temper thing - lol. They will all correct themselves though in time. Just keep moving forward because it doesn't get harder, it only gets easier the more time you spend not smoking. And, as you get past that 1st month or so be aware that you are entering what is referred to as "no man's land". Sounds daunting right? It's not really. It's just that period where the newness of your quit has worn off and things start becoming a bit of a chore at times. There's a post about it around here somewhere. I've included the link below for you. If you can't open the link, this post is on this same page below this Newbies Post. It's always good to be aware in advance what you can expect to experience so you don't think anything is abnormal with what you are going through. We all experience similar things and in the end, we all make it out the other side as permanent non smokers. Just keep adhering to NOPE!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Glad to hear you two are doing OK and still on track with your quits! Readjusting to life as "normal" really does take quite awhile but you are both doing well and experiencing completely normal quit symptoms and yes Dizzy .... they will all correct themselves eventually. I know the one that took the longest for me was that hair-trigger temper thing - lol. They will all correct themselves though in time. Just keep moving forward because it doesn't get harder, it only gets easier the more time you spend not smoking. And, as you get past that 1st month or so be aware that you are entering what is referred to as "no man's land". Sounds daunting right? It's not really. It's just that period where the newness of your quit has worn off and things start becoming a bit of a chore at times. There's a post about it around here somewhere. I've included the link below for you. If you can't open the link, this post is on this same page below this Newbies Post. It's always good to be aware in advance what you can expect to experience so you don't think anything is abnormal with what you are going through. We all experience similar things and in the end, we all make it out the other side as permanent non smokers. Just keep adhering to NOPE!

@reciprocity I found that sticking to my pledge of "Nope" and taking one day at a time is working for me. I also watch a couple of Joel's videos daily to reinforce my quit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ankush said:

Lol...I have been known to joke about a little ......

Well done you two.....you both should feel very proud ..you are achieving what millions of smokers would love to be doing ....

Just Remember all the things you are feeling is Temporary.... It gets so much easier as time passes ...

I thought I would die a smoker ...now I couldn't imagine lighting up ....

The magic will happen ...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, DizzyD said:

Hiya. In 12 hours I’ll be 4 weeks smoke free. Still having “moments” though not as often, they seem to increase in intensity and duration. Still taking it 1 day at a time. Emotions still swinging from very proud to very depressed but hope this will settle soon. Good news is the brain fog’s gone but left a short temper/snarky tongue which is taking some managing lol.

Am having issues posting on here - not sure why . I can like posts but can’t always post comments- this is the first time I’ve been able to in over a week- you should all be grateful for that 😂

Dizzy, sounds like you are moving along great.  Snarky is a nice way to describe it.  I was just a plain old witch with a "b".  This too shall pass.  

I am so glad you were able to post today and tell us how you are doing.  Try posting, even if you are down.  I found it so helpful to stay close to the forum.  They were always able to build me up and make me smile.  4 weeks is awesome.   It just keeps getting better.   

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ankush said:

As far as not smoking is concerned, all good so far. I will complete two smoke free weeks tomorrow, 15th April, 11:30 PM. Just sticking to my daily pledge of "Nope". Out of habit, the thought that its time for a smoke after eating still occurs sometimes and then I remember I'm smoke free and just forget about smoking. I drank Rum yesterday and did get triggered (for a very short while) for a cigarette but I did not smoke.

Ankush,  you are doing great.  I think the pledge is a great tool to solidify your quit.  You will eventually be able to redirect those thoughts.  KTQ!

• Like 5

I think I am still a newbie.  I am 8 mos smoke free.  I am amazed that I don't much think of smoking anymore.  

It takes me getting really angry when I think about sabotaging myself and going back there.  I realize they are just self-destructive thoughts and childish!

I love being smoke free and am so grateful for all my new friends who helped me get to this point.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Ankush,  you are doing great.  I think the pledge is a great tool to solidify your quit.  You will eventually be able to redirect those thoughts.  KTQ!

@Linda Thomas Thank you :) 

Edited by Ankush
  • Like 3

Good to hear from you dizzyd and ankush, you've got some great quits going and should be super proud of yourself. Sorry you have been having a hard time posting @DizzyD. A couple others were too after the last site update. I deleted my cookies and bookmark and was able to post again after that. Then you can make a new bookmark, maybe try that?

Linda, you technically are still a newbie but with all the great advice you offer one would think you've been quit for years :)

5 hours ago, Ankush said:

It's no joke, we are nosy lol, at least I am 😊😂😂

Edited by jillar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm still here! I'm still quit! Life is currently rough, but the quit is solid. I just passed 100 days and feel stronger every day. I'm dealing with the sudden, unexpected passing of a loved one and the diagnosis of a very serious autoimmune disease--all without lighting up.

I am proof that you can weather any storm WITHOUT smoking. There is absolutely NO good reason to light up.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Aww sorry your going through a tough time Abby....

It's good to hear your quit is good ,and you understand smoking would not change what was happening...

We believed the lie smoking helped us cope with curve balls in our lives ..in fact ..we cope much better without dealing with nicotine withdrawal too..

Sending Hugs xx

• Like 5

I'm glad to see you all doing great in your quits.  Thanks for the updates. 

Stay strong Abby.  That is really rough what you are going through but you know a cigarette will not make anything better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

I reckon you can call yaself an inbetweeny now @Linda Thomas....a quit inbetweeny though, not a Reci one, that would just be icky.

Great to see you all going strong.

I am glad you made that clear about what kind of inbetweeny I am.   I found this Nope for Reci!😁

scary-mommy-i-rubbed-essential-oils-on-my-tween-nope-17745450.png

• Haha 5