Lilly Is Nearly One Month Smoke Free

Lilly

I know this is early but I am going away for a week or so on Thursday. 

So on Saturday I will be quit for a month. This has been the most miserable quit I have ever had and my face looks like a slapped arse on a daily basis. I sometimes want to punch my own face because I even annoy myself. At 56 I've become a sulky teenager. 

I need to come up with a plan when I get back for the patches. As much as I love them I am not sure if I'm only succeeding because of them. 

I guess all that is really important right now is I'm nearly ONE MONTH QUIT!!!!! 

• Like 10

Well, congrats on being almost 1 month quit :) 

That is the worst of it over and now behind you. I gather you are using the patch to quit? If so, I would follow the recommendations of the manufacture or your chemist as to how to proceed with the step down patches. Follow the program and be prepared for stronger triggers as you step down in nicotine content along the way. Eventually, you will be free from the nicotine and that's a good thing.

Changing the rest of your life around and getting comfortable with all that will take time - plain & simple. You are over the worst of it now though so take heart that there IS light at the end of a long tunnel. You may get weary at times. Tired of forcing yourself to deny your cravings even though they are less intense than before.

Stay true to your commitment and you CAN NOT fail. It's right there in front of you if you want it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5607921

• Like 3

Great job on the "almost" 1 month.  As said above the worst is over now to re-wire the brain which can present challenges but remember where there are challenges there are opportunities!!!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Lilly said:

my face looks like a slapped arse on a daily basis.

I can't. 🤣

Lilly, I'm so proud of you. I've been watching your quit since day 1, and I'm so glad you've stuck it out! The first month is a HUGE milestone! You can do this! Keep pushing forward, my friend.

• Like 2

Congrats, Lilly! I know things have been tough you this time around....but you soldiered on and got through it one day at a time. Good for you!

Celebrate and KTQ...no matter what!!!

image.png.c49e68a58efd712603b98a1618840773.png

Edited by Rozuki
spacing
  • Like 1

Hey wait, our faces are not meant to look like a slapped arse daily....???  Are you sure???

Jokes aside, massive congrats on your almost 1 month. The habit is harder than the nicotine withdrawal I think so I would suggest no matter what, it is you facing this down and winning. Such an amazing milestone!! Chin up, chest out and onwards, you got this chick! xx

• Like 3

Good for you Lilly!! You are doing brilliant! A knew you could do it 😁 

Just a wee word of warning if you're going on holiday. You might start getting craves! I know I did my first holiday I was like wtf! But just push through, stay strong and you'll be fine. 

Have a fab holiday, we are all well jell 🍹🌞🛫🛬 have a pinacolada for me 

• Like 1