Is it possible to quit without support from friends and family and if you stay mostly to yourself?

Ankush

6 minutes ago, jillar said:

@Ankush, well done on getting past that bad crave. Just remember to SOS BEFORE you cave to a crave so that we can try to help you past it. You don't want to give up those awesome days quit you have now and start over again! 

@jillar Thank you for your advice. :) I did think of posting an SOS, but remembered reading a post somewhere by sarge that if the motivation comes from within, one shouldn't need to post in the SOS board (or something along those lines). So, I fought off the crave on my own, almost didn't but I did eventually fight it off. 

8 minutes ago, Ankush said:

I did think of posting an SOS, but remembered reading a post somewhere by sarge that if the motivation comes from within, one shouldn't need to post in the SOS board (or something along those lines). So, I fought off the crave on my own, almost didn't but I did eventually fight it off. 

Sarge is only one voice here Ankush. I know from experience that the SOS works. I used it a couple times myself in the early days of my quit and I'm so glad I did. Yes, if you've set your mind to smoke you're going to smoke regardless but when you're to the point of looking for cigarettes then you owe it to yourself to post and let us try to help you through it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jillar said:

Sarge is only one voice here Ankush. I know from experience that the SOS works. I used it a couple times myself in the early days of my quit and I'm so glad I did. Yes, if you've set your mind to smoke you're going to smoke regardless but when you're to the point of looking for cigarettes then you owe it to yourself to post and let us try to help you through it.

@jillar Thank you, here's hoping that a crave like the one that hit me today doesn't re-occur. Maybe it will occur, maybe it won't but I hope it won't and if it does I will reach out to the SOS board.

• Like 3

I have seen countless of quits saved ,thanks to the SOS thread..

This is your quit A... you guard it ,with whatever help you need...there will always be someone here to help you through your problem ...

As Jillar said Sarge is only one person...who didn't need any help....

Many roads lead to Rome ....just make sure you get there.... Fight your way there if need be....this is your life and health your fighting for ..

• Like 2

Ankush that's amazing you fought off that crave. Well done 😀

If you want to post and SOS then do it. Living your quit by someone else's experience isn't necessary. This is your quit so do what is comfortable and necessary for you. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

I have seen countless of quits saved ,thanks to the SOS thread..

This is your quit A... you guard it ,with whatever help you need...there will always be someone here to help you through your problem ...

As Jillar said Sarge is only one person...who didn't need any help....

Many roads lead to Rome ....just make sure you get there.... Fight your way there if need be....this is your life and health your fighting for ..

@Doreensfree I know sarge is just one person who didn't need the SOS board. I just thought there was something to learn from what he had said. I know everyone's quitting experience is different. I will use the SOS board as per yours and @jillar 's advice. I did have a couple of strong cravings today as well, but just did some breathing and lived through it. Didn't search for a cigarette like yesterday. :)

7 hours ago, Lilly said:

Ankush that's amazing you fought off that crave. Well done 😀

If you want to post and SOS then do it. Living your quit by someone else's experience isn't necessary. This is your quit so do what is comfortable and necessary for you. 

@Lilly Thank you :) 

• Like 4

Hi Ankush and welcome to the Quit Train.  Yes, you absolutely can quit with little to no support from family and friends.  If you want/need support, you can get it here.  Looks like you have your quit under way!  Congratulations and keep up the good work!!  :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pearlie said:

Hi Ankush and welcome to the Quit Train.  Yes, you absolutely can quit with little to no support from family and friends.  If you want/need support, you can get it here.  Looks like you have your quit under way!  Congratulations and keep up the good work!!  :)

@Pearlie Thank you :) 

• Like 2