7 months quit

MLMR

So, 7 month mark! Glad to be at this point and grateful for ploughing on and for all the encouraging words I received. Thanks so much for that.

Its probably time to put the board somewhat in the background. I think i need to push myself in the direction of 'life after quitting'. As glad and grateful as i am, i feel like I should re-focus now.

I miss part of my old self, the not so serious part, the part that likes to joke around and doesnt take every fart so serious. Since i cant afford to joke about quitting, but still really, really need my lightheartedness ... I may have to trust myself a bit more in the foundation that i've laid these last 7 months. It sounds absurd, but its almost like I have to say to myself: its ok to laugh now, saying goodbye to smoking is done. Go on! Not so sure what will come next, but I know I cant keep reading about cancer and dopamine and neurotransmitters and Buerger's disease forever and expect life to be good without chasing after the fun of it... I have a massive fundament and now... moving on.

Writing this down is ACTUALLY scary. Crazy ass addiction this is... but, 'So long and thanks for all the fish!'

( and yep. I'll remain vigilant. There's a lot at stake. I know.) 

die-rekonstruktion-einer-gescheiterten-zusammenarbeit.jpg

• Like 6

Congratulations on 7 months MLMR, hate to see you go but happy that you feel confident enough in your quit to move on. We will be here if you need us. Please check in from time to time and let us know how you are :) xoxo 

59dc7c81c06f1ce32d626ca01e19f89a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sad to see you go M but some need separation from the daily exposure to all that envelops us when we quit. As others have indicated, we're here if you need support. Best wishes to you and congrats on building a 7 month quit and most importantly that you could actually do it!! Keep moving forward because your quit journey continues even if you're not here.

number-7-1529.gif

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes !!!...Sorry to see you go ...but understand your need to go...hanging around here is not for everyone ....

Your still very early on your quit ...so always know ...we are here anytime you need us ...or ...

Just drop by and say hello ...see would love to hear from you from time to time ..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MLMR said:

Its probably time to put the board somewhat in the background. 

Guys, guys!! I said, 'putting the board somewhat in the background. Not, 'goodbye and talk to you never again!'

I cant seem to find my way here in the socialization section, maybe its language barrier... dunno. Often afraid I misunderstand jokes and give wrong answers to them... that doesnt make the social section/whatever section very relaxed for me to be... so then all i talk about here is quitting and growing and proces... really, cant hear myself going on about that anymore.. but, i assume it just takes time for me to adjust and to get back some old aspects of myself.. I am not even sure this makes sense.

Why am I explaining anyway... All is allright.

Anyway, ill be around. And... thanks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Glad to hear you're not leaving MLMR. I think you do fine in the socializing section :) I think the more you check out over there the sooner you'll get your fun loving self back. There really is some great, funny stuff over there :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on your seven months of freedom! Please do what is  best for yourself but I would recommend staying  close for your first year,  although the work may not be as intensive you will always have a quit to protect.

It has been a pleasure having you here and watching your success.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations @MLMR for being 7 months smoke free.

Well done because you have fought to keep your quit despite what life has thrown at you. You should be super proud of yourself because you have grown so much as a person with your quit and are now so much stronger. It has been wonderful sharing your journey and I look forward to many more milestones. You bring so much to the board both to this behind and those ahead and you have become a wonderful support. Keep the quit beautiful.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c9688ca75744e6f6f

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great job MLMR.  Congratulations on 7 months of freedom.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:38 PM, MLMR said:

I cant seem to find my way here in the socialization section, maybe its language barrier

Could be a language barrier.  Or...it could be that things get weird in the socializing sub-forum from time-to-time.

Jump in anytime you like, you're among friends here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1