Too significant and everything

MLMR

There's something that's bothering me for some time now and that is the grave importance of, well, EVERYTHING, since I quit. Its like I became 10 times as serious. I think I used to be more fun to be around.

All the reading and studying, Im pretty fed up with it, to be honest. I want my humor back, my non-planning, my go-with-the-flow and ... pretty much, my old me but without the smoking ofcourse. Let it be clear, i dont miss that for one second.

Do people recognize this and if so, when and how did you settle that? 

• Like 3

It'll pass MLMR, it's that first year quit thing and learning to adjust to our new normal. Once that first year hurdle is crossed you'll probably be able to relax and have fun much more easily :) 

• Like 4

MLMR I agree with Jillar above.  I went thru the same thing during my quit especially the 6-8 month part of it.  I started coming out the down and out and no fun type of thing in the autumn when I really began to notice all the benefits of no longer smoking one day when I was on the front porch and realized that I could smell all the things that make up the seasons.  From that point on I started getting used to "the new normal" and since then have been getting back to the new normal.  The first year you will see many changes and in the end you will be proud and glad that you did quit.!!!!!

Edited by Martian5
  • Like 6

It's all Temporary.... I used to worry my personality had changed...gradually it can back ....

We spent years, decades feeding our bodies poisions..... It takes time to adjust ...

Doing over think things ....you are where you need to be ,just now ...look at the positives .....your free on nicotine at last ...

• Like 4

You are building the foundation to a really wonderful life as well as a nicotine free one.  There will still be some growing pains but nothing radical. Just like everybody said, you will get to know the new you and you will just be a deeper, kinder spirit. Your capacity for fun will evolve, do not worry.

• Like 4

Of course everything is more important/serious now that our shutdown mechanism is gone. Go ahead and just dig on all the formerly unseen/ignored things now dancing in the forefront of consciousness. Quitting smoking really is a big deal, and so is this life. Just say wow.

Edited by comrade simba
  • Like 6