Just dropping in to say hi

PorkandPancakes

Hey fellow passengers

It’s been a long long time since I last dropped by

the quit train but I was encouraging someone on fb to sign up as they are struggling with their quit and it got me to thinking I should stop by and say hi!  I’m still not smoking, over 3 years now and I couldn’t even say how many cigs for the bonfire that is!!

Ive been catching up on some posts and there’s loads of new people I haven’t met and it’s also lovely to see the familiar names of before, and in particular it’s amazing to see the lovely Doreen is still here supporting everyone. So yeah, hi guys!!  Hope you are all still rocking your quits!

Edited by PorkandPancakes
Typos
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hello beautiful one !  How great to see you! So happy to hear you are smoke-free and doing wonderfully. I think of you and I'm so glad you made contact. You built such a fine sturdy quit, it was a pleasure to witness.

• Like 1

Aw Hi Martian and Jillar. It’s nice to meet you guys.

Sazarac!! It’s so great to see you still here! I did have a good quit didn’t I?  One of the few times in my life when the stars aligned I think. It just all clicked in my head. I ‘got’ it.  But it was this place that solidified that for me. I don’t think I would have been so strong without the train

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You’re right Doreen I shouldn’t leave it so long. Life just kinda happens sometimes doesn’t it?  

How are things in Sunny Manchester? (I think I’ve remembered that right)

Is Boo still around?  I do love his sausage dance 😂 And Nancy, Sarge and who could forget Bakon?!  There’s so many names from back then actually that I hope are still dropping in. 

• Like 2

I guess that’s just how it should be. I’ve been looking through some of the posts. It’s interesting how much I have forgotten. Reaffirming your quit, recognising red flags. Saz has posted some awesome stuff lately about those creeping thoughts and I was surprised when I examined my own thoughts that some of them may have crept in when I wasn’t looking. I am cocky in my quit. I have wondered about ‘just one’. My OH still smokes which mostly doesn’t bother me but it does keep me exposed. I do honestly believe it should be made illegal. If I never had to see another nicotine product I would be exceptionally happy! 

• Like 3

We cannot become complacent. We are nicotine addicts for life. It is brilliant you are recognizing some warning signs. I am confident you won't be careless! Don't Make Doreen come after you with that frying pan, baby !!!

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 2

Do my eyes deceive me?

A P&P sighting in these parts is a rare occurrence.  According to my calculations, you have about the same odds of spotting the elusive P&P as you do seeing Bigfoot riding a unicorn.  

2 hours ago, PorkandPancakes said:

Is Boo still around?  I do love his sausage dance 😂 And Nancy, Sarge and who could forget Bakon?!  There’s so many names from back then actually that I hope are still dropping in. 

I'm still here, but the dancing sausage has been retired.  I don't know how to post gifs anymore.  Neo-luddite that I am, once it became more complicated than copy-and-paste I just retired from the moving images game.  The dancing sausage is gone, but he lives on in our hearts.

By the way...good to see you again.  

• Like 3

Aw hey there old timer!  I guess you’ve been lounging on that lido deck for quite some time yourself now haven’t you?!

I’m honestly a little heartbroken over the dancing sausage but as I can’t even get that ticker thing back then I accept that as we age we become less tech-able!!

it is indeed rare to catch sight of me these days but I wanted to drop in confirm I’m still keep on keeping on!!  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PorkandPancakes said:

I guess that’s just how it should be. I’ve been looking through some of the posts. It’s interesting how much I have forgotten. Reaffirming your quit, recognising red flags. Saz has posted some awesome stuff lately about those creeping thoughts and I was surprised when I examined my own thoughts that some of them may have crept in when I wasn’t looking. I am cocky in my quit. I have wondered about ‘just one’. My OH still smokes which mostly doesn’t bother me but it does keep me exposed. I do honestly believe it should be made illegal. If I never had to see another nicotine product I would be exceptionally happy! 

I agree ....always be on your guard P ...

As Sally has said ..I will come find you with my frying pan and give you a quick wack....

Come hang around here more ...help our  newbies ,it will make your quit stronger ...

W5yshKbH5wrwA.gif

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, PorkandPancakes said:

Oh Doreen, I know it’s the sausage because my phone let me glimpse it but damned if it will load it properly?’!  But I did so love the dancing sausage.  Thanks for finding him for me! 😂😂

I don't have a clue if this will work or not, but the dancing sausage is in high demand...

He's still there, he just doesn't dance like he used to.  That tends to happen with age.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Fixed that for ya :) 

8CjJ.gif

This ^ 😂

you guys made my freakin’ day with this!!

I’m  almost bouncing in my seat...I can’t even remember why Boo brought him out in the first place now but I do so love to see him. Too funny

• Haha 2