Hanging by a thread

desperate1

Take some good deep breaths ...D....do something ..take a shower....a long bath .....

Try punching a pillow like I did ....or just go for a nice walk to clear your head .....it will pass ....

Keep posting here....it will pass ..I promise ....

• Like 4

What's something you did that you didn't smoke while doing? I never smoked in my car so if a really bad crave came I just took a car ride and I would completely forget about the crave. Can you try something like that?

• Like 2

Those are the hardest ones for sure desperate1. Be SUPER proud of yourself for wanting to save your quit so much that you posted an SOS. You my friend are going to succeed and whip this nasty beast :) 

• Like 3

Desperate 1, so glad you made it through.  Never feel bad about posting an SOS.  I actually loved going back and reading them when my quit felt solid.  You will find humor in them.

Always keep this thought "You are stronger than that crave".  You are finally starting to beat this thing, that is why you are feeling the panic.  It is your minds last attempts to keep you hooked.  Do whatever you have to do to distract your mind.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, desperate1 said:

Thanks everyone for caring. This one would just not go away. Crying helps. So much pent up anxiety. I am slowly coming around. Can't lose this quit. 

I'm glad you fought through this.  And the crave will eventually go away, even the tough ones.  Fighting through times like this make your quit stronger and things will get easier with time.

Great job fighting through this and always feel free to reach out with a SOS if you need to.

• Like 3

You won't have many insane craves like this one

but, don't let them catch you off guard.

Get a plan together when they hit.

I did jumping jacks and primal screaming.

Hot showers.

Walking around the block at breakneck speed.

They are emotionally draining.

Do something really, really nice for yourself this evening.

Rewards are so important especially after tough craves.

You are winning.

You quit smoking.

You are stronger than any damn crave.

• Like 4

Great job D1! Those "Big Ones" come upon us unannounced because this addiction seems to know when we're mentally weak and attacks us then. The good news is that you beat this one back and by doing that, you just got stronger and your addiction got weaker. It's true! That's how it works.

Keep denying that Nicodemon and he will eventually get tired and go to sleep :) 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 3

I am so glad to hear this, d !

You were v. smart to post an SOS, very smart.

I can imagine you are pretty tired from the day.

Some days are horrible but not all of them.

Things will start to ease up.

Please reward yourself.

• Like 2