Satdee Poll - Fave/Best Health Snack

notsmokinjo

What is your Fave Healthy Snack?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Fave Healthy Snack

• Strawberries - these sweet little pod of yumminess not only taste nice, are additive free and natural BUT did you know they are also a natural metabolism stimulant, that's right they speed up your metabolism, AND they are an appetite suppresant, so the stop you feeling hungry.
    • Walnuts - these little protein bombs are full of nutrients we need to be healthy and they control you appetite.... so they have a high fat content but its the good fats that your heart needs to do its thing and be healty... and they are high in calory dense BUT the calories absorbed from them are much less than what they contain.
    • Celery Sticks - so they aren't really calorie negative, but they are low in callories and high in water and fibre.... so they are good for you, filling and not a bad snack all in all.
    • Popcorn - not that caramel stuff, or covered in salt and butter and other things.... but naturally popped popcorn.... that's healthy, sprinkle some cinamon on if you need some flavour, it will speed up you metabolism and taste nice at the same time.
    • Scroggin - might be called Trail Mix up North - but this is a mix of seeds and nuts and dried fruits.... nice and healthy to nibble on.
    • Protein Balls/Bars/Shakes - I dunno but all those gym junkies are into them so they must be good.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/23/19 at 03:59 AM

3 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

@reciprocity.... About was an auto correct for avo which is avocado..and when it's smashed it's kinda squished.

A goog is an egg...well it's technically a googy egg....but meh 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW0R7IZFVFXk5DVUkt8ED0vnvVAfgAWKoqwrI5GoQfOGzO22Ia

Promite??....I think I have to re-think our friendship....how can ya g'day and not Vegemite!???....that's grounds for ya Straya card to be revoked!

G’day

brought up on vegemite ....still eat it today but I like promite as well. Got stuck away from aust on a ship that ran out of vegemite.... 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cbdave said:

G’day

brought up on vegemite ....still eat it today but I like promite as well. Got stuck away from aust on a ship that ran out of vegemite.... 

That's near as bad as the cruise ship sailing from Melbourne to Singapore that ran out of beer between WA and Indonesia .... how was there not a mutiny??? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

That's near as bad as the cruise ship sailing from Melbourne to Singapore that ran out of beer between WA and Indonesia .... how was there not a mutiny??? 

Gday

never ran out of beer. 

2 cans of beer 

per man

Per day

per haps

• Haha 2

Gday

the NZ navy was the last to have it. I’ve had a rum issue on a NZ ship must be 28 years ago. They put 60 mils of rum in your cup and you’ve got to down it in one go in front of the issuing officer. You dare not breath for a while till the fumes dissipate in your throat. It’s bad form to cough and splutter with your issue!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

You my friend would love vegemite.

It was a weird thing...I was buying bread from a man in Brussels, big fella, 6'4" and full of muscles.  I asked if he spoke my language.  He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich.

True story.

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

don't have enough balls for Vegemite 😎..lol

Those big hairy balls I am growing couldn't make me eat Vegemite.   I don't even think we can get it in the U.S.  

I would say my favorite is peanut butter on celery.

Yeast on popcorn sound so strange to me but I think I will try it.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

That would have been luv at first sight (or bite) for me, Boo, was it for you ?

I couldn't stay long and really enjoy my sandwich.  I heard thunder and thought: I better run, I better take cover.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Boo said:

I couldn't stay long and really enjoy my sandwich.  I heard thunder and thought: I better run, I better take cover.

You are so funny and I am quasi illiterate about pop culture.  lol.

Finally got it, v. funny, you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I think we have a post coming in the song thread right Boo?

I was heading over to the "Post A Song" thread but was interrupted.  Who can it be knocking at my door, I asked.  Go away don't come around here no more, I said.  It's late at night and I'm not feeling right.  Seriously...Who can it be now?

I'm really committing to this whole Men at Work trope.

• Haha 6

I have heard that song a million times but never realized it had a vegemite sandwich in it.  

I can not imagine how boring my life would be if I still smoked.  I would have never been able to become so wordly and learned that people down under eat vegemite!!!😂

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...