Satdee Poll - Fave/Best Health Snack

notsmokinjo

What is your Fave Healthy Snack?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Fave Healthy Snack

• Strawberries - these sweet little pod of yumminess not only taste nice, are additive free and natural BUT did you know they are also a natural metabolism stimulant, that's right they speed up your metabolism, AND they are an appetite suppresant, so the stop you feeling hungry.
    • Walnuts - these little protein bombs are full of nutrients we need to be healthy and they control you appetite.... so they have a high fat content but its the good fats that your heart needs to do its thing and be healty... and they are high in calory dense BUT the calories absorbed from them are much less than what they contain.
    • Celery Sticks - so they aren't really calorie negative, but they are low in callories and high in water and fibre.... so they are good for you, filling and not a bad snack all in all.
    • Popcorn - not that caramel stuff, or covered in salt and butter and other things.... but naturally popped popcorn.... that's healthy, sprinkle some cinamon on if you need some flavour, it will speed up you metabolism and taste nice at the same time.
    • Scroggin - might be called Trail Mix up North - but this is a mix of seeds and nuts and dried fruits.... nice and healthy to nibble on.
    • Protein Balls/Bars/Shakes - I dunno but all those gym junkies are into them so they must be good.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/23/19 at 03:59 AM

Ok so I know its Sundee not Satdee but some of us have lives ya know.... lol.... nah I was just having a pitty party of the Elvis poll result or lack of result.... I mean I bit the bullet and did an Elvis poll which for those who know me was defo some skin off my nose, and you buggers didn't even give me a clean cut result... Oh well new week, new poll and this one is for all of us who are looking at the post smoke weight and thinking what the???? So what is the best health snack???

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

I like most of ya list jo. But I just had to go for popcorn. I dont like the sweet stuff. Strictly savoury. This is my fav. I'm not sure it's healthy tho ha! Eh where's @catlover my fellow popcorn lover 

images.jpeg-1.jpg

So are these ya faves cos they have Scotch in their name 😎

• Haha 1

If you stacked up every nutritionist in the world, they still wouldn't reach a conclusion.

That being said, I'm going to say that walnuts should be classified as one of the "super foods."

• Like 3

I wanted to say popcorn but I have to have salt on it at the very least. Season salt even better. Don't care too much for walnuts but love most other nuts. We're the strawberry capital here so kinda strawberried out. My trailmix doesn't have dried fruit in it but does have M&M's (yummy). So by a process of elimination I'm going with celery as long as there's peanut butter on it 😋

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

You my friend would love vegemite.

I have a jar of vegemite and a jar of marmite.  I  slather at will !

i was so sad when the quacks took your vegemite away from you.

• Like 1

I have it back at the measly ration of 1 teaspoon a day... I tend to save it up over a few days so that I can have it properly... Try toast, with Vegemite and smashed about...omg salivating like pavlova dog.... If ya wanna be super adventurous add a poached goog.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

I have it back at the measly ration of 1 teaspoon a day... I tend to save it up over a few days so that I can have it properly... Try toast, with Vegemite and smashed about...omg salivating like pavlova dog.... If ya wanna be super adventurous add a poached goog.

Oh dear .... now I have to go find my Aussie translation guide again 😄 

• Haha 1

g'day

Toast promite smear with advocado and top with a poached egg. breakfast of champions! in fact my breakfast this morning and I wasn't at a trendy coffee joint!                                                    C

• Like 2

@reciprocity.... About was an auto correct for avo which is avocado..and when it's smashed it's kinda squished.

A goog is an egg...well it's technically a googy egg....but meh 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW0R7IZFVFXk5DVUkt8ED0vnvVAfgAWKoqwrI5GoQfOGzO22Ia

3 hours ago, Cbdave said:

g'day

Toast promite smear with advocado and top with a poached egg. breakfast of champions! in fact my breakfast this morning and I wasn't at a trendy coffee joint!                                                    C

Promite??....I think I have to re-think our friendship....how can ya g'day and not Vegemite!???....that's grounds for ya Straya card to be revoked!

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

How about those mushed peas? Why not throw some of those on there too?

Now piggy...I know I'm weird ...although I love my mushy peas...they don't go with Marmite...now ..Fish and chips from the chippy ...now ya talkin !!!!!

• Haha 1