Question.....

notsmokinjo

Can I ask a question too?   How does this forum come together? Who supports it?  Does it take any financing to exist?  How does it just end one day?  Who is the little guy that worked on the site the one day?  

I would be devastated if all my new found friends and supporters just disappeared into computer land, so I kind of would like to know what it takes to keep it going.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

Can I ask a question too?   How does this forum come together? Who supports it?  Does it take any financing to exist?  How does it just end one day?  Who is the little guy that worked on the site the one day?  

I would be devastated if all my new found friends and supporters just disappeared into computer land, so I kind of would like to know what it takes to keep it going.

This fabulous Train was created by our train driver Maryland Quitter....

He has never asked for any funding ...it is solely his ....

He does have Rixcz...to help with the software to make sure it all updated. To run smoothly...

I think it's pretty cool of him to help folks quit all over the world ,I am very grateful and happy to be sitting on the Train.

I'm sure  we don't just disappear....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

This fabulous Train was created by our train driver Maryland Quitter....

He has never asked for any funding ...it is solely his ....

He does have Rixcz...to help with the software to make sure it all updated. To run smoothly...

I think it's pretty cool of him to help folks quit all over the world ,I am very grateful and happy to be sitting on the Train.

I'm sure  we don't just disappear....

MQutter is a true hero and by creating this site has saved countless lives (mine, too).

Many thanks to him and to Rixcz for his updates and maintenance.

The structure of the site is really attractive and accessible, v. cool.

More love and appreciation to Jenny, Babs, Nicole Diver, and our Doreen for all their work keeping this place so clean and clear.

I have every confidence the QTrain will not disappear

but,  I also have email contact with some people

(which I should update) just in case of a disaster.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

^^^ This! Exchange emails with peeps you truly would not want to lose - just in case?

But, as many here have said MQ is the driver with help from Rixcz. They are both to be commended for their contributions to countless quits. Without them, who knows if some of us would not have made it. I, and I'm sure many others, would be happy to make financial contributions to keep this place alive if that was ever an issue. This place is such a integral part of so many people's success. You can't put a dollar sing on that. 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 9

Maryland Quitter and Rixcz, Jenny Babs, Nicole and Doreen.   Thank you for all you have done.  You have truly given me an opportunity to change my life.  I so admire your dedication and time that it took to put this forum together and keeping it running.  I will forever be one of you faithful followers.  It is a wonderful feeling to watch people jump on the train and make it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

One of the things I adore about MQ is how humble he is. This forum is a big deal but his happiness seems to come purely from the knowledge it is helping people. He clearly pays out of his own pocket and that in itself shows how selfless he is. 

The Moderators and Rixcz mix in and I have never once seen them swoop in to remind us of who they are. They keep us in check but in a very discreet way. 

Finally the members are the most caring and sincere people I have met. People invest their time to ensure we all experience the goal here which is to quit smoking. They cheer you on, pick you up when you stumble and never give up on anyone who wants to feel that freedom. 

I love this place and I genuinely love all the people I meet here. You are never alone here ♥️♥️

Edited by Lilly
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

You all are far too kind!  This forum is what it is because if you all. Playing and simple, just a fact. 😃

I changed the logo last night- just straightened a couple lines here and there and also added some smoke. 

Our Facebook and Twitter pages got a nice refresh as well. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, MarylandQuitter said:

You all are far too kind!  This forum is what it is because if you all. Playing and simple, just a fact. 😃

I changed the logo last night- just straightened a couple lines here and there and also added some smoke. 

Our Facebook and Twitter pages got a nice refresh as well

You, dear man forgot to tweak your picture.  

a.jpg

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/14/2019 at 5:00 PM, Linda Thomas said:

On 3/14/2019 at 7:52 PM, Sazerac said:

I have every confidence the QTrain will not disappear

but,  I also have email contact with some people

(which I should update) just in case of a disaster.

For disaster scenarios we have backups in Europe. 

Thank you, but you should only thanks to @MarylandQuitter :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4