One more reason not to smoke...

abbynormal

Last night I got my ECG results in an email: abnormal ECG. Evidence of possible myocardial infarction (heart attack), age unknown. I can only take comfort in the fact that it must have been very minor if it indeed occurred. I'm scared out of my wits waiting for the cardiologist to call and explain further. I hope she doesn't keep me waiting too long. There is an extensive history of heart disease in my family. One thing is certain:

I WILL NEVER SMOKE AGAIN. EVER.

In other news, today is my birthday. 😊 The big 42! (Nerds across the galaxy will understand the significance of that number.) I'm happy to be celebrating it smoke free!

Edited by abbynormal
  • Like 8
  • Sad 5

Oh Abby that is not the present you had hoped for today. 

You really have done the best thing you could have done for your health by quitting smoking. 

I'm praying that the Cardiologist gives you some good news. 

Please let us know what they say xx

• Like 5

Hey, Abby.

Sorry you are on tenterhooks waiting for the Doctor, stressful Birthday !

Keep calling her back and often !  so, you don't get lost between the cracks.

Remember to Breathe and do something to reward yourself today.

Make it something extra soothing.

Maybe an hours long bath with a martini in hand or, cocoa ?

• Like 4

I agree it must have been minor- or they would’ve seen you in person to discuss the results or send you for further testing STAT.  Nonetheless, super scary to read that news.  How great is it that you are already a non-smoker?? One less thing to worry over or change. You can focus on other things.

Your recommitment to stay smoke free is the best present (especially birthday) you could give yourself! Great job!

Happy Birthday and cheers to many more! 

• Like 6

Happy Birthday to you Abby and a good one to be smoke free.  Sorry about the news but one of the best things that you can do for this is to quit smoking and that you have done, will help your heart greatly (know from experience and I am kind of going thru the same thing now).  As said above could be minor or they would have had the discussion face to face. I am sure your cardiologist will have more to say to help you along.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Abby Normal!  Happy birthday, and remember you are still very young!  I'll be thinking happy, positive thoughts about your heart.  Thank God you quit smoking already, you've done a great thing for your health.  I hope you do something fun for your birthday, you are in my thoughts!

• Like 4

Scary news, Abby!  Hope you will know more soon. Take care while waiting for news. 

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy!! Long time favorite!

"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."

Oh and... 

0096a7ae99a763249346d38403e9daac.png

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 8