Icanhike is 1 month Smoke Free!!

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @Icanhike for being 1 month smoke free!

Well done Icanhike on making your way through the entire first month of your first year smoke free. This is the hardest month and you have made it with flying colours. It is our honour to have you here sharing your journey, already you are paying forward with the support you offer to others. Here is to the first of many celebrations. Woohoo.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh WOW! Congrats on reaching the 1 month smoke free mark! That one is huge because it's always hardest at the beginning. Now that's behind you :)

Celebrate and carry on to greater heights.

Don't forget to treat yourself :) 

9d9344b7f9b34cbd9ef3af3777699fe4.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ICH -- Awesome job on making that one month mark, a most difficult one.  You are doing great now with the hardest month behind you, it only gets better after this.  Congrats and make sure you take time to celebrate today!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you!!   I can't figure out how to adjust my ticker, but I'm working on it.  I'm so glad to know all of you.  I'm rewarding myself by making my "Barbie Dream Closet" and "Barbie Dream Dresser."   I got girly wardrobe organizers and I'm having fun de-smokifying my belongings.

About a week after I quit, hubby and I got tangled up in our dog's leash, and I crashed on the pavement and injured my right side.  My right lung hurts a lot, but it's very possible that's due to the fall.  I have symptoms of broken rib.  But I'm scared to death.

It'll take a while to deal with all the red tape of getting to a doctor.  In my town, you apply to a doctor and prove your insurance, (which I don't have), and then doctor decides if they want you as a patient.  And when I finally get an x-ray, I'm terrified of how a doctor might treat me, since I was a smoker.

So I haven't been to a doctor in ages and I'm really scared, both of the actual medical scenario and also the money.  

But again, this seems like an injury.  I slept on my right side, and it made everything so much worse.  And lifting things makes it a lot worse.  

Other than that, I sincerely feel WONDERFUL.  I'm happier than I've ever been in my life!!!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wow, congrats on your first month ICH! 

I brought you a nice sunset. Its a promiss for better, less snowy days! 

Im sorry about your rib. When will you contact a doctor? Please take care of yourself. To me, the healthcare system you describe seems unimaginable.. I sincerely hope your lung is fine. 

You are DONE with your first month,  yihaa!!

2CyJ.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the sun!  An amazing thing happened, after 25 days off nicotine, I didn't mind the cloudy weather anymore.  I also started taking a lot of vitamin D, so that may have helped,  but I have a more cheerful viewpoint on life without nicotine.  I'm really glad the Colorado River is getting some water, and I think California's out of the "drought" category.  So I won't be whining anymore about bad weather!

• Like 5

ICH.  Congratulations on your 1 month.  The worst part is over.  The rest of the work is just retraining the brain.

You definitely should get checked out.  You could have broken ribs.  I can't believe there is not a free clinic around.  Many hospitals have grants or forms of help for people without insurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Icanhike, if you go to the emergency room they have to take you, insurance or not. About five days after my car got t boned my left lung was giving me sharp pains when I tried to take a deep breath. Luckily, although it's still a little sore, it's doing much better. I hope the same is true for you. Please keep us posted....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Jillar,

Thank you so much for that post. I feel a bit better today, (I'm jumping up and down for joy!).  But you're right, I've been looking for options and there's a hospital here that takes the uninsured, and I'll get this checked out.

I hope you recover from the accident faster every day...I'm so sorry that happened to you!!  Feel better, and thanks again!  xxxx

• Thanks 1