Satdee Poll - What is the Best Elvis Song?

notsmokinjo

What is the best Elvis Song?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following is the best song by Elvis?

• Jailhouse Rock
    • Its Now Or Never
    • Can't Help Falling In Love
    • In The Ghetto
    • Love Me Tender
    • Viva Las Vegas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/19 at 10:33 PM

So in honour of @Boo's big woohoo 3peat anniversary this weeks poll see's us voting on which of those songs listed is Elvis' best offering. Now I know there are heaps of songs not here ..... you got the top 6. A special thank you goes out to the kid for her assistance with compiling this list... yes I know there are some good songs not listed but as she pointed out... "You can't have Blue Suede Shoes, cos Elvis only covered that"..... so of his original songs these are the 6 to vote on.... which is the train favourite? The kid also told be that I could not include any Elvis Costello songs because that would false advertising.

Oh and if there are any covers in there don't blame me I don't listen to his stuff.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

El didn't write anything.

Otis Blackwell wrote almost all of his early hits.

LOVE Otis Blackwell.

and just because you mentioned Blue Suede

here is the fabulous Carl Perkins 

and since this is all about El,

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Martian5 said:

I too was never a great fan but I did like "In The Ghetto", don't know just struck a chord with me!!

Yeah, I'm not sure why but that song always clicked with me too.  That was my vote.

• Like 4

Can't Help Falling In Love.

Sorry but I am a smuck when it comes to love songs.  I did like him in the beginning and enjoyed his early movies.

I think Boo should use this song for his first dance, with sugar britches, on his wedding day.

Of course we all know Boo has these moves down for the other dances!

giphy (21).gif

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/10/2019 at 11:23 AM, Linda Thomas said:

I think Boo should use this song for his first dance, with sugar britches, on his wedding day.

19 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Oh no...even though its not really the right genre for Boo.... I reakon his first dance should be At Last.

Both fine choices.  I play this song regularly for Sugar Britches.  I tell her to listen closely and take notes if necessary...

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

Boy, we sure de-railed El !

My bad.

Let's get this back on point.

Love this song.  Boo would be sweeping me off my feet with this one.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

Oh....and Sugar Britches dowb the Isle tunes....

Wedding cake flavours....

Omg we could plan the whole shinding by Satdee Poll.... @Doreensfree you are a genius.

Oh and wouldn't you love to be a mouse in a corner at the big event.  It is going to be one beautiful day when Boo marries his sugar britches!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

I'm thinking Boo,s Wedding dance idea's down the tracks too......just in case he needs help ...

I need all the help I can get.  The very thought of sifting through many good song options to choose that one perfect song is already bringing out my obsessive-compulsive side.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Boo said:

I need all the help I can get.  The very thought of sifting through many good song options to choose that one perfect song is already bringing out my obsessive-compulsive side.

Go with your gut feeling on this one. Long as neither one of you hate the song, it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. Just one moment in an awesome and sometimes mind numbing day :) I still remember the song we had and if I had to pick it over again, I'd likely pick something different but at the same time, we have no regrets. It was an appropriate pick at that time for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wedding Waltz/dance rules...

1. It has to be danceable.

2. Listen to the words....

a. Make sure it's not actually a break up song.

b. Make sure it resonates with both of you.

3. Fruck what anyone else says, if you and Sugar Britches (hmmm is it a worry that SB came up in predictive text) love it then use it.

Write down the first 10 you think of, just off the top of your head....compare lists, cross any off the others lists that are a hard no (Unchained Melody)...then check em off til ya have a short list...then let me know and I'll poll it ant the QT will sort yas.😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1