Hello Again

Lilly

Yes! Don't listen to him. He knows nothing about quitting is my guess. Some people just look at the negative side of everything. If he's a smoker, I'm betting he wants to quit too and is jealous that you are brave enough to do it before he does.. You are taking a positive step - not a negative one. Let him be the one to eat crow at the end of the day :) 

• Like 6

I stayed mum about my quit, 

I don't converse about personal stuff with many anyway.

Don't much care to hear what the great haute monde or the hoi polloi has to say about my trip.  lol.

Just focus on YOU never putting a cigarette in your mouth again.

You will deal with your nicotine addiction.  

At the end of the day, it IS all about putting the nicotine addiction to sleep.

• Like 4

Ahhh the inevitable "voice of doom" in the background who is a know it all jerk, we've all seen them! I had it, from people online and in person because I was on champix. I will repeat my learnings, it takes 72 hours, yes just 3 days for nicotine to clear your body. It is the mental discomfort that is the fight really, not the getting rid of what the patch is replacing. I wil say though, I found the patch harder than not after a short while, but I know a lot of people who have quit in multiple ways. The key is educating yourself on the hows and why's you got addicted and why that means you need to break free now....then not putting anything in your mouth and setting fire to it. 

Ps, I'm not above a little laxative powder in their coffee or lunch if they need teaching a little lesson ;) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, desperate1 said:

Hi Lilly. I am new here and was so encouraged by reading your posts. It does help to read that someone else is feeling the same as me. We are close in our quit dates and know with the support here we can do this. Nice to know you. 

Lovely to meet you Desperate1.  

It's not easy but we have a whole group of people holding our hand along the way which really makes a difference. 

It's nice to have you to share the highs and lows with x

• Like 6

I do not have that really bad cravings anymore  .

One day i made a decision to kill the cravings with Nicotine gums alone .

And it has been working since the past 3 months

I mean every time i have a craving , I try to kill it with a nicotine gum .

The cravings could be there for the rest of my life , Let it be there , I do not care .

I have decided that the only thing i am going to feed my depressed mind is a nicotine gum and nothing else

Good luck staying smoke free

29 minutes ago, Redemption3 said:

I mean every time i have a craving , I try to kill it with a nicotine gum .

The cravings could be there for the rest of my life , Let it be there , I do not care .

Make NO mistake !

Your cravings WILL be there for the rest of your life until you deal with your nicotine addiction.  

You obey your addiction and perpetuate your slavery.

For you to be a proponent of maintaining nicotine addiction is abhorrent and the antithesis of what QTrain is all about.

cycle18k.gif.36e01a6c9ff3406c7c7e99b202fdd897.gif

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 3

You repeatedly promote nicotine gum, not as a tool to help you quit nicotine but, as a lifestyle.

This is sad and unhelpful to people honestly dealing with nicotine addiction.

There is no wrong way to quit smoking and quit nicotine.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 2

It works for me , that is why i use it .

Why is that sort of so hard for you to understand ?

This nicotine gum exactly is the reason why i have not damaged my lungs with smoke since the past 3 months , Lol

You talk like you know it all , Lol

How does one ignore a profile in this forum ?

1 hour ago, Redemption3 said:

I do not like reading your posts Sazerac to be honest .

Facts don't particularly care whether you like them or not. 

55 minutes ago, Redemption3 said:

Sazerac ignored , There i did it .

I feel better when i do not read your posts

Because closing your eyes, plugging your ears, and publicly shouting in the forum "Neener Neener!!!" always makes the facts disappear. 

spacer.png

EZPZ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Patz, I do not understand why you are being confrontational.  That does not seem like you.  Believe it or not, people on this forum care about you.  You may have subdued your addition to smoking but you are still addicted to the nicotine.  Yes it is good not to have the smoke in your lungs but it is not good to have the nicotine in your body.  I just lost a friend to tongue cancer. 

They were young like you and died very quickly.

Most of us on the forum want you to be able to free yourself of your addiction and live a full, healthy life.   

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Doreensfree , @Linda Thomas

Thanks for the reply

Sorry for the trouble .

Eating nicotine gums for me was the best way to stay away from the irritations of addiction .

Yes , Nicotine addiction is a strange irritation

Going cold turkey was not helping me much , I had to waste my time thinking about another 100 things to take my mind of the addiction that kept coming back .

But once i made Eating nicotine gums a habit , That strange irritation of addiction went away .

Nowadays i eat a pack of gums only every three or four days .

That is a big improvement

Edited by Redemption3

No one is attacking you R !!!they are trying to help...

When ever..if and when you stop the gun ...you will still have to deal with withdrawal....the gum keeps you a junke to the addiction....

Unless you stay in the gum for life ....this is the fact ....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redemption3 said:

ut once i made Eating nicotine gums a habit , That strange irritation of addiction went away .

Nowadays i eat a pack of gums only every three or four days .

That is a big improvement

Well you have done good getting off the cigarettes.  Now try and wean yourself off the gum.   You can do it Patz.  You are not giving yourself the time to feel the wonderful benefits of being free of nicotine.  I promise you that your mind will settle down and you will feel so powerful when you are free of your addiction.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Since I am on  'ignore'

maybe someone else will hip Redemp

to this information,

The Harmful Effects of Nicotine

and the

The Cancer Risks of Nicotine Gum

Hey Patz,  Here are some good articles for you to read.  We all just want to guide you on the road to being free of the nicotine addiction.  Knowledge is very important in helping you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Redemption I'm really pleased for you that you have stopped smoking for 3 months. That really is a great achievement and you should be super proud. 

With regards to NRT I have to disagree with you.  If you feel that taking NRT (possibly for life) is a good trade then you have mis-understood or don't get his addiction. That plan isn't a step forward it is a step sideways. 

I have been using NRT for 6 days and my cravings have been pretty subdued. This isn't because my quit is going great, it's because I'm still giving myself nicotine. The theory with NRT is that you use it to get yourself past those first tricky days/weeks. It gives you a bit of time to get used to not smoking but then you have to deal with that physical withdrawal. NRT isn't a long term plan. 

Sazerac isn't an NRT hater. She just believes it should come with a plan for coming off it.  I agree with her completely. 

Anyway, I just logged in to tell you all that I'm struggling a bit today. I'm not going to smoke so no need for an SOS. I just feel a bit down, I keep getting those destructive thoughts creeping in and I'm exhausted. I'm not letting go of my end goal but it's consuming my thoughts from morning to night the last couple of days ☹️

Edited by Lilly
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry you are having a tough day, Lilly.

Stay focused, you are building a strong quit

and we are behind you all the way.

Some days are just BAD, even in real life.

Soon, you won't have smoking or nicotine ruling your thoughts

and the sooner you can switch them up the better.

I know I waited far too long in purposefully replacing smokey thoughts with thoughts of beauty.

Addiction really sucks

but, the recovery doesn't last forever, even though it seems like it at the time.

I promise, soon you will feel clean and clear and more confident and powerful than you can even imagine.

I promise.

• Like 5

Thanks Saz.  I'm so emotional - I read your post and I burst into tears. I'm hanging on to every word and just praying for the worst to be over. I know it's early days I just wish this would pass. 

It's so nice to come here and be around people who get it x

• Like 2