Hi

Evelyn

Not much to say except I am preparing to quit. I've been making tons of excuses and bull.. One rule, NOPE. 

I'm back. 

I'm sorry I never got the nerves to return. I guess shame did the trick. Sarge, hell you're right. Bakon, you too. My apologies. 

Thanks Evelyn 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Evelyn. I know you have been here before (many times I expect) and have not yet been able to secure your forever quit. Just take all those old excuses and chuck them because they will only lead you back to smoking. One great thing you do have on your side already is this place that will give you endless support. What a blessing to have somewhere to go and feel comforted. Sure there are those that will give it to you straight and that stark reality is also needed in addition to the comforting part of this place so take advantage of all this help. Don't let yourself down again this time. Show us all and most importantly yourself just how committed you can be. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Hi Evelyn. I know you have been here before (many times I expect) and have not yet been able to secure your forever quit. Just take all those old excuses and chuck them because they will only lead you back to smoking. One great thing you do have on your side already is this place that will give you endless support. What a blessing to have somewhere to go and feel comforted. Sure there are those that will give it to you straight and that stark reality is also needed in addition to the comforting part of this place so take advantage of all this help. Don't let yourself down again this time. Show us all and most importantly yourself just how committed you can be. 

I'm so scared. I've relapsed within hours. I feel shit about it. I feel hopeless. I feel frustrated. The only thing I feel I can do is pray 

• Sad 1

Now see ..... that's a problem. Thought you have got rid of the cigs. Did you go buy more? This isn't a good start Evelyn. You know what is required. You said it yourself - N.O.P.E.

You DO have it within you to quit. We all do. You just have to honour the commitment you make to yourself.

• Like 3

Ok. Maar might sound crazy but I prayed and I'm confident I can stick with NOPE now. 

I need to not stick things in my mouth and light them on fire. 

Period. No discussion. I rather pray then get sick. 

4 hours ago, Evelyn said:

I'm so scared. I've relapsed within hours. I feel shit about it. I feel hopeless. I feel frustrated. The only thing I feel I can do is pray 

Have you got cigarettes ???.

Or ...Did you go out and buy some ...

Evelyn.!!!!.....only after a couple of hours..your still not committed...

We can only support you ....

You have to put  the work in ...

• Like 2

Evelyn.

This is not about a god or a prayer.

It is about you making a commitment and sticking to it

and so far, you aren't committing to your quit.

You NOPE'd this morning, was that a joke ?

Stop smoking.  Quit the fcuking around already.

You have been screwing around since April 2014,

what is different now ?

• Like 3

Maybe examine previous relapses to try to figure out what went wrong and make solid plans on how to avoid those pit falls next time.

I think what made me hang on to my own quit was I kept wondering how soon I would die if I kept smoking. More than half way through life and I am in NO hurry, especially because where I am probably going after death, EVERYone smokes but there is not a single cigarette to be had.

• Like 2