For lurking creatures who have doubts

MLMR

At almost 6 months (i admit... this is also just an excuse to talk about these awesome upcoming 6 months...) my quit is carrying me, instead of the other way 'round. I cling to it like a lifesaver. Last week I had a few really tough days. The joy I experienced afterwards, after NOT lighting up, is so extremely satisfying and self-confidence boosting, daimn. 

I can honestly say (and this is huge to grasp!!) the  'Ahhh, thank god I didn't light up!!! I am good at this and I am going to make it to the one year mark!!'  is 1000000x bigger than the 'Ahhhhh, my receptors are having a nicotine orgasm while I almost vomit and curse myself for giving in'.

Do your study, keep telling yourself how great you are for choosing life because you can't expect that from anyone else... and... trust the proces. And all will be fine in the end. Promise. 

• Like 11

I lurked for 10 months after I quit and have a great affection for lurkers.

There is a lot of scholarly information about nicotine addiction here

and our stories are a treasure trove of anecdotal evidence proving that anybody can quit.

The support provided here is another asset to a successful quit. Plus, we have some fun.

MLMR has one of the best documented quits.  Her journey has been a joy for all of us to witness.

So, believe her when she says, 'trust the process and all will be fine in the end'.  She doesn't lie.

• Like 7