SOS

Giveintowin

Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t been here for a while. After 12 months quit I started to forget about smoking. I’m at the emergency room. I have a 2.5cm gash in my head and concussion. I know it’s not cancer but it’s sure triggered me to smoke. I don’t want to blow my 16 month quit. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Sorry to hear about your mishap Giveintowim but how would smoking help with your situation? It wouldn't and you KNOW that's true. It would just awaken your addiction which would cause an even bigger problem for you. Don't do it!! You know that's no solution. The stress and anxiety you feel now is temporary. Don't make things worse by smoking - not worth it.

Great that you posted an SOS. That's the way to do it. Keep us updated on how you're doing please.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It's the stress and anxiety from what ever happened that has upset you I would guess but don't let your mind focus on smoking. That's just been ingrained in your brains for so long as  smokers that's it's an immediate go-to for many when something like this happens. When any of us think about it logically, with all we know about this addiction now, we KNOW smoking doesn't help our life problems. It only creates a whole other problem unto itself. Whatever you do, don't let that Nicobastard back in because you know that leads nowhere good. 

• Like 4

GITW, sorry about the accident, I do hope you receive medical care soon

Smoking will actually slow down your healing process mate... you've got such a beautiful quit going, don't throw it away. It won't reduce the pain, because anything you get out of that smoke, apart from a filthy smell and nicotine in your system will be temporary and so NOT WORTH it.

You've been quit for a year and 4 months now GITW...and what a quit it's been.

You know you can kick this trigger. Please keep us posted about the stitches, and hope you feel better soon.

KTQ!!!

• Like 7

Ouch!!! Holy crap gitw.  I can see how this could be a trigger.  Deep breaths. Tell them to hook you up to some O2.  Be thankful to request it and not need it daily.  Your body is mad and glad right now. Mad bc it hurts. Glad bc blood cells are moving about like they should to fight off infection- your improved circulation from not smoking is helping them. 

Smoking might seem to temporarily relieve the stress from the injury. NOPE!  It will just stress out  your body and mind more. 

Dont smoke. Help your body heal. 

Feel better gitw.

Edited by Lust4Life
  • Like 6

Aww sorry you are dealing with this ...but smoke seriously ????.....

You have a fabulous 16  month quit ...why would you want to go back to the beginning ?????

You know you carnt just have one ...it's a addiction ....your addiction will be brought back to life ....

This wouldn't help at all...I can guess you would hate yourself ...

Stay with us ....swear...shout ,do whatever you have to....going out go buy cigarettes now ..would solve nothing ...

• Like 5

Ouch indeed!!!!! sorry to hear your hurting. I agree with all the replies, you have enough pain, why add to it, with feelings of nausea and even more anxiety!

KTQ and please don't self harm, you are worth so much more and would regret it instantly!

Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 5

Sorry about your head givein, scary stuff! You should feel so proud of yourself though for knowing you needed a little extra support in this trying time and posting. That's how quits are saved, so glad these guys were here for you. Feel better soon :)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Giveintowin said:

Hi lovely people. I have a sore head but I didn’t smoke. Thank you for your thoughtful advice. You all are awesome. 

Oh!! Whew! I’m so glad you’re OK.  Standing Ovation for not smoking and posting the SOS.  I hope you heal without any complications GITW. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Giveintowin said:

Hi lovely people. I have a sore head but I didn’t smoke. Thank you for your thoughtful advice. You all are awesome. 

So so proud of you GITW, takes a steely determination and iron clad will to control your craves during stressful moments.

You're a champ mate...get well soon.

• Like 2