Goodby snow...heading South for a few days!

joe

Actually, most of the snow has melted, but everything is still frozen....

But that doesn’t mean that a trip,to Florida isn’t welcomed at this time of year!

actually...Sherrie (my wife) decided it was time to retire and enjoy the grand kids and take it easy for a change...the hours at her job is brutal...she works 12 hr shifts, and every other weekend, and for the last year, they have been scheduling maditory overtime...so...even though she is not quite retirement age, she is hanging it up! 

As a little surprise, I booked a short trip (Feb 27th - thru - March 4th) to Lovers Key Florida. That’s on the Gulf coast between Fort Myers and Bonita Springs. It was little tough to find a condo (on the beach) on such short notice, since it is pretty much the busy season there...but I found one, got the flight and rental car booked, and working on getting the luggage out of the closet.

Then it will only be a couple short months (May 4th)and it will be off to the OBX for our annual spring beach trip! This year we will be staying in Kitty Hawk. We usually stay much farther South, (Hatteras Island) but thought we would give the North beaches a try since it will be the “off” season (kinda)

anyhow...in 10 short days and we will be heading for the airport, and then the beach for some sun and sand!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joe said:

Actually, most of the snow has melted, but everything is still frozen....

But that doesn’t mean that a trip,to Florida isn’t welcomed at this time of year!

actually...Sherrie (my wife) decided it was time to retire and enjoy the grand kids and take it easy for a change...the hours at her job is brutal...she works 12 hr shifts, and every other weekend, and for the last year, they have been scheduling maditory overtime...so...even though she is not quite retirement age, she is hanging it up! 

As a little surprise, I booked a short trip (Feb 27th - thru - March 4th) to Lovers Key Florida. That’s on the Gulf coast between Fort Myers and Bonita Springs. It was little tough to find a condo (on the beach) on such short notice, since it is pretty much the busy season there...but I found one, got the flight and rental car booked, and working on getting the luggage out of the closet.

Then it will only be a couple short months (May 4th)and it will be off to the OBX for our annual spring beach trip! This year we will be staying in Kitty Hawk. We usually stay much farther South, (Hatteras Island) but thought we would give the North beaches a try since it will be the “off” season (kinda)

anyhow...in 10 short days and we will be heading for the airport, and then the beach for some sun and sand!

Please take me with you.  I just live around the corner.  This up and down weather is really getting to me.  We can't wait till we can be snowbirds.

• Like 1