Unexpected ahhh

MLMR

Ahhh huge unexpected trigger, writing it down in hope it will leave me ALONE!!

Had two major work things this week, both succesful. Been putting lots of energy in it. Emotional release, first spring day, sunny and blue sky and everything full of promise while still shaking from past months.  How I would love a cold beer and a.... NOPE. 

Not familiair with the celebrate craves. Its hittin me big time. Got to keep steady. 

Excuse my possibly strange sentences. Been writing in a hurry. God this is scary, so strong!!

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 4

Glad you posted MLMR, I had my worst craves when I was happy! I thought it was so strange that I was fine when I was mad or sad but boy give me something to celebrate..... I think it's nicotines last ditch effort to bring you back on, so laugh in its face and keep saying NOPE! Oh and have a cold one to celebrate if you feel secure enough :)

• Like 4

Good to hear you faced another unfamiliar crave situation. This is the way we learn to quit permanently. Facing new situations and realizing we can actually get by them without lighting up. It's always hard the first time but it gets to be our new normal in no time :) 

Not sure about that spring comment though  lol.

dusMoSF.jpg

• Like 4

You are well into your quit now and you will see some unexpected cravings pop up.  The ones where we are happy, confident, or having good memories are the ones that come up at this time -- I had a big one during the fall weather just a couple of months from my 1 year mark  (sitting on the porch enjoying a drink a taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of autumn) and took me by surprise.  Basically I just relished that I was smoke free and could make through, just deep breaths and realizing that I could enjoy that time without a smoke.  These cravings can pop up but realize you have the strength to get thru and the crave goes away quickly and you have learned how to get thru life smoke free -- it passes and you become so much stronger!!!!

Edited by Martian5
  • Like 6

yep...celebratory craves are the worst!!!   best way I got through it was with humor.  I would talk to the addiction like it was a thing in me....and I would say...OMG..nice try you little sucker!  LOL...you sneaky sneaky smarty pants!"  I would just keep talking like that...I would even go as far as "I give you credit for your creativity you brat....etc. "  until the craving went away...and then I would just laugh.  If it came back I would just do it over and over.  Some days were like that.  

Yep...all kinds of goodies pop up the first year....all exercises to keep you a warrior!!  Good practice...and good on you for posting!!

here's how I pictured he looked like

image.png.c029384d88f4f2507f52a0600474119f.png

• Like 4

MLMR, Sorry I missed out on your SOS.  I would have been right there to help shore you up and let you know you can get through this. 

Gee, I haven't had anything to celebrate since I quit, so I haven't had to deal with that kind of crave yet.

I am so glad you handled it so well.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Linda Thomas said:

Gee, I haven't had anything to celebrate since I quit

Oh my dear Linda, you have had plenty to celebrate. Your newfound self confidence, your awesome six month quit, your standing up for yourself and I'm sure many more. So you have dealt with celebration and found it doesn't cause you a crave :) xoxo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jillar said:

Oh my dear Linda, you have had plenty to celebrate. Your newfound self confidence, your awesome six month quit, your standing up for yourself and I'm sure many more. So you have dealt with celebration and found it doesn't cause you a crave :) xoxo

Gee, how did I miss all that.  I forgot about those big hairy balls I was growing.  

• Like 3