I failed today.

kenzie_peyton

So those were the first smokes in 20 months?

Well, get rid of whatever smokes you have left, do NOT smoke anymore, and go about your no-smoking life. You may have a few withdraws but after two cigarettes, I doubt it will be as bad as someone who smokes full-on and tries to quit. In other words, it shouldn't be too hard to stay quit again.

Just be strong. The more you feed the nicotine receptors, the worse your next quit will be.

One thing though if people around you are smoking, vaping, chewing and all that - it can make it harder to keep your own quit.

I saw in another thread about your friends coming over and smoking/vaping up a storm, maybe ask that they do it outside.

Some will say, "you have only yourself to blame" but even if that IS the case, it sure makes it harder when others around are puffing away right in your face.

For my own quit, I removed all temptation on the final day. My room mate does not smoke or anything.

You have heard the expression about surrounding yourself with people you want to be most like. So as I said, avoid smokers if you can.

Maybe you smoked today. That does not mean you have to smoke tomorrow.

• Like 3

Sad to hear Kenzie. Do you know what pushed you to light up again? Understanding that goes a long way toward not repeating it again. You're not the first and won't be the last to have fallen off the train more that once or twice. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on your quit. It's doable. Yes, you too can do it. Never quit trying to quit :) Beating yourself up about it or looking backward at what could have been will do you no good. Move forward and look only ahead.

• Like 3

Hey Kenzie, maybe post an SOS BEFORE you're thinking about caving to a crave and give yourself that needed support to get past it. I posted a couple and it worked for me. So today is a new day, throw away any cigarettes you have and start over. 

• Like 5

Aww Sorry to read this....

I agree ,jump back on...it only goes back to being a full time smoker ,if you carry on ...

It's a pity,you didn't post  SOS....we carnt help you ,if you don't allow us to help....

All you can do is learn by it ....

Your seat is still here ....

• Like 2

Shame and embarrassment can motivate you to a successful quit, Kenzie.

You know too much to continue your addiction so,  hop back on the train.

There isn't one reason why you can't win.  Believe in your quit, yourself.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 2

Aw Kenzie, I am sorry you are struggling.  You need to arm yourself with whatever it takes to quit.  Your life depends on it.  Don't let the craves overpower the knowledge you have of what this addiction does to you.  

We are not here to judge you but to help support you through.  Never be afraid to reach out or post your failings.  We have all been where you are and know that it is possible to quit this addiction.  

So, as you begin your third attempt, read as much as you can.  Stay close to the forum.  I loved reading the blogs because they were full of quitters feelings.  Learn to redirect your brain when you feel a crave.  C'mon let's do this.      

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sgt.barney said:

Choose otherwise. 

Thats the bottom line but this isnt the end of the world. I failed over 10x's after a blown quit... Before this quit

The answer, have a plan in place to fight the cravings... Move a muscle change a thought was my goto, i went for long walks for the bad craves

• Like 1

That does sound like a difficult situation but you are here because you want to quit.  Kenzie, that is the better choice.  If you can power through, I promise you will gain so much more power and self esteem.  Smoking does absolutely nothing for you except chisel away at your health.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kenzie_peyton said:

It is hard because all of my friends smoke and my husband smokes. 

It's hard because you are addicted to nicotine, not because they smoke.  

I admire you for not giving up. This can just as well be your forever-quit! 

When you are about to give in, will you SOS? 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, kenzie_peyton said:

Thanks guys. I haven’t smoked again since that. It is hard because all of my friends smoke and my husband smokes. But I felt sick after smoking and honestly haven’t felt like it again. 

This is good news, kenzie.

Reset your ticker and take your quit seriously.

It isn't about 'not feeling like smoking' and it isn't about who around you smokes.

This is all about YOU.

it is about making the choice to not light one up, no matter what.

You deserve to be free !

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kenzie_peyton said:

It is hard because all of my friends smoke and my husband smokes. 

You may find in time that being exposed to others smoking actually enforces your own quit.

That's been my experience.  I've gone from being indifferent to others smoking to being repulsed by the smell of cigarettes.

I smell cigarette smoke now and there are no longings or romanticizing, just disbelief that I used to smoke.

Stay the course.  Focus on your goals.  Trust the process.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Christa326 said:

that is rough that everyone around you smokes! They should not do it around you, at least in the beginning of your quit.

The thing is you have to stay strong. Your friends cannot change because you do. I know, when I play golf with my buddies they feel guilty because they smoke in front of me. I tell them no worries...do what you need  to do. I will say though...those smoking out there that are 10-15 ft from me sure smell good and that is the only time they do. The rest of the time I cannot stand the smell. You have to stay strong around them and learn to deal with it.

• Like 3