Saturday Poll: Potatos....

notsmokinjo

Whats the best way to potato.....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best way to potato......

• Roast.... preferably in dripping or the meat fat, crispy on the outstide and light and fluffy inside... with or without gravy.....
    • Mashed.... creamy, buttery goodness
    • Chips/Fries.... doesn't matter how ya have em... as long as they are hot
    • Scalloped Potatos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/19 at 04:37 PM

So I missed this last week. So thought I'd pull out the big guns.... if you could only eat your spuds one way how would it be?  Which is your favourite of most favourite ways to enjoy the humble tayta... so there are like a gazillion ones to eat a tayta so lets keep this simple... even if ya fave isn't mentioned here just pick one of the ones listed... then tell us what really shoulda been there in the comments below.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mona said:

I don't eat potatoes anymore but when I did, my fav was mashed potatoes, real home-made mashed potatoes, not that fake stuff you get in a box.

Down here you can get this powder stuff in a plastic bag you add water to for mash, its called Deb and it tastes foul.... of course I meant real mash.... in a pot, on the stove.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lust4Life said:

Baked! I think friends across the pond call them jacket potatoes? Baked in the oven whole; crispy skin and fluffy delicious insides.  I add butter, salt & pepper. Maybe sour cream and chives if available.  

Baked potatoes....yes lovely with cheese ....or baked beans ...

• Like 3

Gotta love a potato in any style but since I once ate mashed potatoes  for two weeks after getting my wisdom teeth out my vote is definitely mashed!

Oh and fun fact @reciprocity I don't know if she still does it but my sister used to eat butter by itself! ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lust4Life said:

Baked! I think friends across the pond call them jacket potatoes? Baked in the oven whole; crispy skin and fluffy delicious insides.  I add butter, salt & pepper. Maybe sour cream and chives if available.  

With coleslaw, shredded beetroot (cos ya can't beat a root?), bacon pieces, grated cheese and all you listed but make it garlic butter....mmmmmmmm...love me a baked spud.

• Like 3

G’day

Love a baked spud. And the best way to bake um is in the ashes. No peeling no aluminium foil either The outside gets hard a leathery which is what you u want to keep those insides creamy. A bit of salt is all it needs.

Cause it’s not on the list my moneys on the roast. I’ve got a secrete stash of mutton fat saved from the lamb roast. You can keep your duck fat! It’s good but you can’t best a spud cooked in mutton fat.....

Edited by Cbdave
  • Like 3

Come on we were talking potatos... like any of them could be loosers... lets just say the most winningest was Roasties.... will have to cook some tonight in the drippens from me lamb roast last week... nope might do em tomorrow night to go with me steak a la Cbdave.