What I learned today

Hi,

We have just returned from the hospital ,Tony's first appointment for a 12week course of pulmonary rehabilitation......

It was so gentle......he was told to sit down and stand,a few times then rest......5minutes on a very slow walking machine....stretching his arms ,then his legs.....then he was done in....had to sit down and get monitored.....

He was with a group of folks ,all on oxygen.....struggling.......

I sat at the back.....taking it all in......and....

Thinking....thank god I've stopped smoking for good,and have my quit friends.....

I did drop a tear,for all these nice folks who are suffering.....

Smoking sucks......keep the quit....

Hugs x

• Like 11

It's very eye opening, isn't it?

But only when you want to see it. I've been in health care for many years but didn't really "see it " until after I quit.

Hugs to you and Tony sweet woman. :D

• Like 1

Hi sue,nooooo.

It's all about getting him to get the most out of his lung capacity.....learning him how to breath with out panicking.....

Be cause he carnt take a good breath it makes him scared.....it's all about controlling what breath he can take in

This has been such a eye opener.....it had to be one of the saddest things I have watched .....

All those lovely friendly people struggling.......to breathe.....

I just wanted to hug them all

Xxxxxx

Doreen,

It must break your heart over and over to watch him struggle like that.  I am sorry and you are the sweetest person, you don't deserve to feel like that.  I am happy you took control of your own life though, because when it comes down to it, that is the only one we have the power to change.  Hindsight is 20/20, right?  I hope the rehab improves his quality of life as much as possible.  Hugs to both you and Tony.

Hi Doreen just want to send you love and strength, it must be very frightening for you both, I have been having terrible cravings lately, and your sharing of your story re-iterates to me the importance of what I and we are all doing on this board, keeping the quit is important