Decided to have a few glasses of wine with friends.

kenzie_peyton

You just have to power through the irritability and anxiousness.

These states of mind won't last long and you have the power to switch them up.

Take some deep, deep breaths.  Take a walk.  Take a soothing bath or a screaming shower.

Replace negatives with positives even if you fake it till you make it.

You Won !  You didn't smoke even though you had temptation right in your face.

Now, you must reward yourself and teach your brain what true rewards are.

Congratulations !  You are a hero to yourself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply. My jaw hurts from chewing gum, but I’m so glad I didn’t smoke! It’s been 5 days and I feel like I’m in a constant state of anxiety ? I just hope the feeling of something’s “missing “ subsides because it’s really stressing me out 

• Like 1

My Cigarette, My Friend

How To Do Nothing Without A Cigarette

Executive Assistant

Maybe the links above will help. 

They will, at least, distract you for a bit and give you some more information about quitting.

You are changing your life by quitting smoking, it is a quantum change

and many, many things will never be the same.

Some people feel a bit of grief over loosing the cigarette, the constant companion,

the thing we always reached for whenever there was an emotional moment.

The grief is replaced by a deeper understanding of ourselves, our wants or our needs.

Check this out

Riffing On H.A.L.T

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm glad I was here for you too ! Glad you are feeling better.  You are in the thick of it, 

Ice water and breathing nice deep breaths of oxygen are the first things to go to, for sure.

Initially, the  physical withdrawals require your attention, so keep an eye on your blood sugar, go have a piece of fruit or some juice.

It was really great you survived the party with the smokers and the vapes. That is a big deal.

• Like 1

I’m slowly but surely trying to get through all the articles on this site. My mistake last time was that I strayed away from here and didn’t have all the facts... I’m determined this time, but know I’m still in the beginning stages of quitting and am still weak ? 

• Like 1

There is a ton of information here, good for you for educating yourself- this is not the actions of a weak woman.

You quit, kenzie !  This is strength.

Protect your quit with everything you have, you will not regret a thing

and reward yourself for every battle won big and small.

Nicotine stole the reward receptors in our brains and you have to re-train your brain to understand what true rewards really are.

Plus, it feels good to be kind to ourselves, especially when we are beginning this great adventure.

Here is one more link   The Significance of Rewards

Stay strong. Stay close to the board.  We are all here for you.

And you know what, it may feel so fake in the beginning,  the rewards and all. But for me, it means huge deal in my quit! I never learned to reward myself as a kid/adult, so I had a very hard time doing so, early on. But people kept saying that so I tried. From chocolates to bigger things like clothing. Also planning things, acting on them en then enjoying the reward feeling for doing what I promised myself. It's all an important part of my succesful quit of over 5 months!

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow !!...well done K ,...

You stayed strong while those around you smoked and vaped..and drank..

You are very early in your quit...

I had to stay away from alcohol for a while ...I've seem many a quit lost through alcohol ...

But you did it ,so yes reward yourself ,for all your hard work...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kenzie. I remember you from the last time you were here. Sounds like you are determined this time and have learned from your last attempt which will do you well this time. As Saz said, you just need to power through the effects of early quit symptoms. I know very well the irritability and anxious feelings you spoke about. I had them too for a while early on but they do gradually fade away. Quitting is more about resetting your life so you can be comfortable as a non smoker. It takes some work and mostly just time away from smoking as a reaction to almost everything you do in your daily life.

Stick with it - you CAN do it and the temporary discomfort you are feeling early on will be well worth it in the end when you are comfortable in your new non-smoking life :) 

Sticking around here and learning all you can about how this addiction works will help you immensely!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You did it! That is what you tell yourself when people leave and you feel anxious bc you got through the worst. I just saw that you quit for a year and went back. I have been there too.

You should be so excited bc you are so young and you are starting a great foundation for a happy, healthy life. GET EXCITED!!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1