Smokers and their insecurities

Wantsit

I'm starting to see the weakness of the smoker or the addiction. I had several people that are with the company buying us out come to our facility today. One of the guys asked where the smoking areas were. I told him and he wanted to know if I wanted to join him. Maybe I just look like a smoker...I don't know, but I told  him I was almost 3 months quit. He started to tell me that I had to miss it! I said no...not at this time that I was ready to quit when I did. No way...his wife was trying and was having a terrible time. I told him it was easy...I did it a 1000 times before!! 

The whole thing is,  he kept trying to get me to go out and join him. He couldn't take no for an answer. That is BS! I don't want to smoke and he was trying as hard as he could to get me to go out with him. What does it take to be able to just say no? Didn't do it and proud of it. But why push us? To make themselves feel better?

It's hard enough for the most part without being goaded...makes me want to say go  piss up rope! Sorry just saying!!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

That's just dumb. I had several occasions in the last 5 months where smokers thought it'd be justifiable for me to smoke one... as if that's their decision anyway. Strange how people want to comfort you with their own crutch. So glad I didn't, by the way.

I remember always feeling a little jealous when a fellow smoker gave up. And... yes, I also was reluctant to believe they could do it. I think mainly to feel a little les shitty about myself. I'm ashamed about it, but I think it's just what addiction does to you. 

• Like 5

Feel sorry for the poor smoker W....

He's still believing all the lies ....he wanted you to go with him....cos he woudnt look such a sap being by himself ...

High five to you ....deep down that smoker  was so envious of you ....this is why he went to great lengths ....

• Like 6

On 1/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, Wantsit said:

I'm starting to see the weakness of the smoker or the addiction. I had several people that are with the company buying us out come to our facility today. One of the guys asked where the smoking areas were. I told him and he wanted to know if I wanted to join him. Maybe I just look like a smoker...I don't know, but I told  him I was almost 3 months quit. He started to tell me that I had to miss it! I said no...not at this time that I was ready to quit when I did. No way...his wife was trying and was having a terrible time. I told him it was easy...I did it a 1000 times before!! 

The whole thing is,  he kept trying to get me to go out and join him. He couldn't take no for an answer. That is BS! I don't want to smoke and he was trying as hard as he could to get me to go out with him. What does it take to be able to just say no? Didn't do it and proud of it. But why push us? To make themselves feel better?

It's hard enough for the most part without being goaded...makes me want to say go  piss up rope! Sorry just saying!!  

Misery loves company.   That's why he wanted you there.

• Like 4

On 1/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, Wantsit said:

Crab mentality.

Put a bunch of crabs in a pot and some crabs will expend all their energy pulling the crabs that are trying to escape back into the pot.  The crabs who aren't willing to break free don't want to see their fellow crabs achieve freedom.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 3

On 2/2/2019 at 6:16 PM, Jet Black said:

I have heard a couple times in the past, "You don't do anything do you?" cause i don't smoke, drink, or use drugs.

try responding with  "Oh baby, ... I do life"... need to harness your inner sass and drip it with condescension.... but shuts up the dip shits who think not doing "anything" is somehow not normal or inferior.... another option is "Been there, done that, not worth the time, money or hassle".

• Like 1