Can't wait to beat My Meat !! all 200 lbs

Opah

200 lbs of free range, naturally feed, hormone and antibiotic free pork setting on ice waiting for me to process it, just over 6 hours back to work and the thrill of the hunt is starting to subside and the thought of getting all that meat cured, cut, seasoned and vacuummed packaged.   With the Rush and adrinalene this has provided smoking hasn't been a thought since I have returned.   Activity is a good thing when quiting and I still have a couple days of work yet to go.

Promised to make Carnitis for my crew and a couple others,  its going to be the good old fassioned Carnitis, pressure cooked with chilli seasonings until super tender, and here is the catch the Make it great a quick deep fry in super hot Real Lard, just until chrispy around the outside.  put that with all the fixings and you have a meal to salivate for.   

Sounds great right ? it will take 60 to 90 days before the meat is ready to prepair in any form 60 to 90 DAYS.   Looks like I am going to have one heck of a 3 month non-smoking celebration.   What do you Think Domestic or Forien Beer ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jillar said:

I'm Coors Light all the way!

What does Coors light and a whore on the beach have in common?

Both are f#cking near water.

Stella

Edited by bakon
  • Haha 3

Okay Opah.  I am a little confused.  Don't you go hunting for deer?  Did you shoot a pig?  You are talking about preparing pork.  

Linda:   I Hunt, Deer, Bear, Hog, Fowl ect. If it is legal and  Tasty I am all in.  You see being a naturalist, a nature loving, free range, naturally feed, antibiotic and hormon free. fanatic.  I believe animals should not be locked up in pins and I make every effort not to support the meat industry.

But that is just a personal belief of Mine.   But yes it was a 325 lbs wild Boar that supplied 180 lbs of fresh pork, 5 days of Phyisical activity, Clean  Ranch airm Crispy icy cold mornings and evenings, The Ranch is Beautiful, refreshing to the Body and soul,  hearing that Valley come to life every Morning I am there, the Turkeys  come down from their roosts, the quail calling to group up and yes the Cows trumpiting that the New day is Here.     Sorry for the run on  there are two places on Earth right now that Captivate me:   that is the wildlife refuge and the Ranch I volunteer to caretake.  They are that Moment, the peace and surenity that you want to last forever !

• Like 3

All Righty ICE today the meat tomorrow, Did you know it takes aprox. 60 days before Wild Pork in ready to be eaten ?   Sure set me back on my heels I was ready to be knawing on a Porko Burreito with green NM Chilli and all the fixens,   I had to say NAPTM !

So as I review the process in my head it kinda spilled out onto the forun, I was told a long while back I had brain leakage,  It is supose to Coagilate and seal someday.

Aw back to the meat, Saturday Morning I put a 3 / 4 inch layer of ice in the ice chest, pull the first back of meat from the freezer ( Back straps and Tender lions), now these Meats are basically ready to be cure so they get washed and wrapped in cheese cloth and on to the Ice, then The Hinde quarters ( legs) several muscle groups ( Roasts ). 

Now all the 180 LBS of meat  actually 150 or so,  have no Bones or Silver and are in the ICE chest, add a layer of ICE and plain salt, layer of ice and plain salt until ice chest is full,  place a sheet of plastic on top, close and Duct taped the lid shut.

After a week you pull the plug and drain the water from the chest, check the ice level and add if needed, more salt, plastic and reseal. this goes on until the water flows clear.  

Now Each Chunk of meat is cut into Steaks, Chops, and other cuts, rolled in a dry rub tenderizing mix and Vacuum sealed.  We are still not ready to feast on the beast, so for safety sakes, and all the fork lore, I will let it set in the Freezer another 20 days minimum.  The facts are:

Specifically, it assumes that if you freeze wild boar or some bear meat for 20 days at 5°F or lower the parasites will be rendered inert. ... The actual temperature that killsthe trichinella parasite is 137°F, which happens to be medium-rare.

Interesting  137 not 160 degrees and freezing ?   I for one will allways go more than necessary than just enough to ensure my food is safe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 10:00 AM, Opah said:

Was the crude title really necessary?  Just curious...

No it was Not necessary, it was something that I thought would be humurous and could be Played with !

Played with HUUUUUUUUU HU HU HU HU HU

OK very close to Vacuum sealing the meat, I figured I would pack this boar in roasts and steaks.  Make filimion out of the Back straps and leave the tenderlion as is with a Montreal Pepper Dry Rub.   

So I do have one question :

On these Roast they are pretty huge, if I cut them with or against the grain ?