MLMR is 5 Months Smoke Free!

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @MLMR for being 5 Months Smoke Free.

Well done MLMR, it hasn't been an easy road but you have dug deep and clung to your quit. You have so much to be proud of in reaching your five month mark. You have done a wonderful job protecting your quit and also paying it forward helping those coming behind you. I know life hasn't always been easy these past five months but regardless of its ups and downs you have controlled your quit. So make sure you take some time today to do something special for yourself as a reward and because you deserve it.

five.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations MLMR, it is indeed a priviledge to see your journey and the amazing dedication you've shown for this quit.

You've stuck it out through hell and back. Kudos to your spirit my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats, MLMR! You are doing this quit in style....and letting others here on this journey know how it is empowering you in other areas of your life in other ways. Five months is so fantastic!

Celebrate your hard work and KTQ! ?

image.png.7eb37666b38c2bd9e8ee43acaa3be738.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations M'Life on your FIVE months of Freedom !

Celebrate wildly and heap rewards on yourself.

You are building a successful quit, keep your focus and drink deep from the well of NOPE.

Thank you for all your support.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much Jo. I haven't been this proud since the start of my adventure! Been smiling all day and spent a lot of thoughts on all the good things that really have been piling up lately. As a reward I took a long hard look at my savings (a stunning 1100 euro's). Planning on buying the Yamaha CLP-675 digital piano, so I got to keep saving for a little longer.. but heck, that's going to be the best gift ever! 

But rewards are truly noticeable.. and the best one is experiencing a strong sense of calmth. I'm not sure how to describe it.. but I feel...older? In a good way.. steadier, able to take my time to form an opinion, less prone to immediate emotion-driven reactions. Bleghh, not sure if what I mean comes through in english... 

I find it shocking to realise that, by smoking, I gave myself the message 'i am not ok by feeling/thinking/experiencing this' at least 24 times a day. See, I took comfort in smoking, supressing whatever surfaced in my mind. I'm adjusting to a new mentality: I am ok and the rest will follow.

Though, one thing I don't agree on with you guys. I really didnt take time to cheer on newbies.. well yes, here and there. But not in a consistent way I see others do it. I must say that it's been a deliberate choice to focus on my own proces, especially when I had that period of extreme anxiety about writing on an open space forum like this one. I felt guilty at times, but decided I had to make myself prio no1, for once. And I am pretty sure I'll be paying it forward in my own way. 

Thanks again for your congratulations, I am entering my sixth month with a very positive vibe! 

GettyImages_870527424.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2