Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Strength work this morning: Clean and Jerk, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Chin-Ups and Sled Pushes and Pulls.  Did 15 minutes of jump rope and finished up with a mobility session.

It was a good workout.

Strength work this morning: Snatch, Front Squat, Bench Press, Dips, Roll-Outs, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with a mobility session.

After work today, I went to the climbing gym.  Did mostly top rope climbing, but also did a bit of bouldering stuff.

Planning on doing some hiking tomorrow.

Did a leisurely 5.6 miler on the Rock Creek Gorge section of the Cumberland Trail today.  Slow going, hiking with a puppy and all.  He doesn't care about staying on the trail and gets distracted by rolling around in leaves on the ground.  Good times.

11 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Ya ...I saw your your rope  climb.....you went down like a rock ...

giphy.gif

I tried not to laugh at that kid...I really did.  Rope burned hands and a broken assbone is a rough day at the lake.

• Haha 2

Strength work this morning: Clean and Jerk, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Chin-Ups, Weighted Rope Climbs, and Sled Pulls.  Finished up with intervals on the rower.

Hit the posterior chain hard this morning.

• Like 2

I had a wee ache, a wee niggle in my upper left back. Ive had it for a few days. Did a move in the yoga last night and we had to kinda roll back from a seated position on the ground to one where our feet were on the ground behind us lol but when I did it I felt and heard a crunch crunch crunch in my back. I was like oh noo. What was That! But low and behold my wee niggle has gone this morning! Result! 

Wee cheeky cx works after work for me 

• Like 3

Strength work this morning: Front Squat, Bench Press, Dips, Roll-Outs, and Farmer's Walks.  Did four rounds on the heavy bag and finished up with sled pull sprints.

On 10/29/2018 at 4:04 PM, Doreensfree said:

Have you been working on getting a purty little botty........

Me too !!!!.....I  have been to my  Clubercize class...shaking by booty all over the place ...

I won't go into my whole "why do people overlook the importance of the glutes when training" rant.  I'll keep it short and say: the glutes are drivers for practically every movement of the human body, so you might want to take care of 'em.

And if you develop a nice ass in the process, that's a win-win.

• Like 1

Changed things up this morning and yesterday.  Focused more on Olympic lifts and movement based strength training.  That involves: Clean and Jerks, Snatches, Farmer's Walks, Overhead Carries, Kettlebell Swings, Walking Lunges, Turkish Get-Ups, Roll-Outs, Sled Pushes, and Sled Pulls.

Doing some hiking and climbing tomorrow and perhaps again on Sunday.

5 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

And these don't know what they are called, hand bands? For strapping up my hands ??

In most gyms those are called hand wraps.  Everybody has their own personal preference, but I like the Mexican style wraps with a thumb loop.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the boxing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Did a bit of hiking and a lot of climbing yesterday and today.  Deep Creek on Saturday and Buzzard Point this morning.  Total of approximately 12 miles of hiking and 8 hours of climbing.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:08 PM, Doreensfree said:

Sorry Boo...Had to laugh ..Snatches mean something completely different in Liverpool.....!!!!!!

Has the same dual meaning here in the States as well.  I don't know who named the Olympic lifts, but between the "Snatch" and the "Clean and Jerk" it's hard to be taken seriously when discussing the lifts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the climbing I did this weekend, I wanted to balance things out and hit the anterior chain this morning.  Strength work consisted of: Front Squats, Bench Press, Dips, Roll-Outs, and Sled Pushing.  Finished up my workout with five rounds on the heavy bag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boo said:

With the climbing I did this weekend, I wanted to balance things out and hit the anterior chain this morning.  Strength work consisted of: Front Squats, Bench Press, Dips, Roll-Outs, and Sled Pushing.  Finished up my workout with five rounds on the heavy bag

Oh please......I was a nice wife and helped my husband pick up all the sticks in the yard and clean up leaves.  I sure am feeling it today!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Oh please......I was a nice wife and helped my husband pick up all the sticks in the yard and clean up leaves.  I sure am feeling it today!

Hey !!!!...that's hard work that is Linda.....good work out...never mind what's Boo,s doing ...

• Haha 1