Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Woke up this morning feeling great and took advantage of it.  

Got in some boxing work: 6 rounds on the heavy bag, 4 rounds of slip-line work.  Strength work consisted of: Front Squats, Bench Press, Kettlebell Shoulder Press, and Bent-Over Rows.  Still had some gas left in the tank, so I finished up with 30/30 intervals on the rower.

• Like 1

I was at a conference Wednesday night through Sunday evening.  I got up every morning extra early to get in 30 minutes on the elliptical every day at the hotel gym and did it this morning at home this morning too,. 

6 hours ago, Boo said:

4 rounds of slip-line work.  

What's that??

Edited by PeaceTrain
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PeaceTrain said:

What's that??

Basically, slip-line training is like shadow boxing but with a greater emphasis on head movement and footwork.  Dead simple, but effective.

• Like 2

Did boxing specific work this morning: 4 rounds on the heavy bag, 4 rounds on the double-end bag, 2 rounds of slip-line work, medicine ball throws, and footwork drills.  Worked in some cardio as well (jump rope and punch-out intervals).

It's go time.  Tomorrow we spar.

• Like 2

Did some steady-state cardio on the rower and 20-minutes of mobility work this morning.

Went to the gym this afternoon.  Got in three-rounds of full-speed sparring and three-rounds of focus mitt work.  Finished up with some pull-ups, push-ups, and dips.  Face and head feel pretty good, but I'm gonna be sore in the morning.  Damn guy I was sparring with threw a mean left hook to the body...really dug in with it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Don't take this the wrong way cos I actually like boxing (hell this week I have referenced boxing numerous times and even quoted a boxer other than Ali) but why box... why put yourseld through that, I've been punched before (yeah yeah that's so surprising)... and it wasn't something I'd do voluntarily... although thank you to the boxers out there I do like coming to watch...but seriously  WHY?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kept it simple today.  Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Bench Press, and Farmer's Walk.  Finished up with 25-minutes of mobility work.

17 hours ago, PeaceTrain said:

Ouch

That's what I said.

16 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

why box... why put yourseld through that,

It's primal.  Yes, we've evolved, but...there's still some base instincts that are hardwired into our brains.

It's a challenge.  Some of the most miserable people I know have successfully avoided pain and difficulty in their lives.  Human beings need challenges.

Boxing forces you to stay in the moment.  If you start dicking around and lose focus in the ring, you get punched in the head.  There's no room for thinking about anything else when someone is trying to beat the bejeezus out of you.  Counterintuitive as it may be, I never feel more calm and focused than right after a dangerous situation.

12 hours ago, Doreensfree said:
It's OK !!!....I've got it sorted..Boo knows what he's doing  lol..

With the Liverpool Lionheart in my corner, there's no stopping us!

• Like 4

Boxing work this morning: warmed up with some jump rope and did 6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, and 2 rounds of slip-line work.  Finished up with some core work: Roll Outs, Russian Twists, and Good Mornings.

Keep moving and have a good weekend.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Dangerous Boo..you have competition....!!!!!

Danger is my middle name.  

Well...actually it's Brian.

But, you can call me Boo Knievel.  I'll get set up with a jumpsuit and a cape....the works!

• Like 1

Did some strength work this morning: High-Box Step-Ups, Kettlebell Swings, Overhead Press, Bench Press, and Bent-Over Rows.  A bit of core work: Hanging Leg Raises, Landmine Twists, and Supermans.  Finished up with 15 minutes of 20/20 intervals on the rower.

• Like 3

Boxing this morning: 4 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, 2 rounds of slip-line work.  Did some core work: Roll-Outs, Russian Twists, and Good Mornings.  Finished up with some medicine ball throws and 3 sets of Farmer's Walks.

• Like 4