Daily exercise log for everyone :)

7 hours ago, Frezflops said:

Went for a four mile walk today been walking outside a lot lately although it is still only in the 20s to the 30s...but eh I need to get outside. I have 12 lbs left to go woohoo how is everyone else doing?

Lisa

Oooh you have a Samsung gearfit....me too I just got one last month I love it since I always get Samsung phones so it syncs much better than the fit bit and does more.

Lisa

I've only had mine a few days and am still finding my way around it, got it for same reason as you. Oh and yesterday was mother's day and I refused to shift my ar*e off the couch..  Back to  reality today..haha ;)

• Like 3

Changing things up a bit.  I don't really like scheduling in so-called "off days."  Instead, I'm going to schedule hard days and easy days.  Monday, Wednesday, and Friday will be the "hard" days with strength and HIIT work.  While on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I'm going to focus more on steady-state cardio and mobility work.

This morning my strength work consisted of: Sinlge-Leg Kettlebell Deadlifts, High Box Kettlebell Step-Ups, Inverted Rows on Olympic Rings, Barbell Military Press, Medicine Ball Russian Twists, Renegade Rows with Dumbbells, and Overhead Farmer's Walk.  Finished up with intervals on the rower.

• Like 2

Hi all,

I was wondering if you guys are using fitbit. I thought about creating a group and invite people from QSMB, but then the forum died. So I thought there might be quittrain users interested in joining a group to share cheers on our daily activity. I am not definitely not fit but it helps with the quit to go for long walks and try to move more. So in case you are interested I created the group Quittrain in the fitbit application and it is open, so you can just join.

Cheers,

g.

• Like 2

I dont hava fit bit but can i join anyway? I dont need a fit bit, i just go by this podgy bit i have on my belly that i didn't have before i quit smoking ha! Im definitely not eating more but got this blubbery bit. So im putting in my pledge to hit the gym in the morning HIIT metafit class then pool

• Like 3

Glad to say I did get my workouts in yesterday morning and this morning too: 1/2 hour on the elliptical yesterday and 1/2 hour cardio kickboxing this morning. I have to get up earlier especially with my new commute but it makes a huge difference in how I feel both physically and emotionally so it’s definitely worth it.  So my new bedtime now is 9pm. Alarm goes off at 5am. Oops already late. G’night all!

• Like 2

So yesterday was one of my easy days.  In the morning, I did 25 minutes on the rower and 20 minutes of mobility work.  In the evening, I took advantage of the time change and got in a 4.3 mile hike on the trails near my house.

This morning got back to strength work: Single-Leg Deadlifts, High Box Step-Ups, Inverted Rows, Military Press, Russian Twists, Renegade Rows, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with 15-minutes of jump rope.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boo said:

So yesterday was one of my easy days. 

Sheesh, Boo.  Your easy days would kill mere mortals!

Keeping to the early to bed early to rise mantra.  30 minutes on the elliptical this morning.  Instead of the usual 3 miles, I got to 3.22, which doesn't seem like a big difference but I was trying to go a little faster and it was definitely more effort than the .22 would reflect.   

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, PeaceTrain said:

Sheesh, Boo.  Your easy days would kill mere mortals!

It was bound to happen once I got into the whole health and fitness lifestyle.  The only thing I've ever done in moderation is moderation.

• Like 7

Yes boo you are pretty hardcore good for you ;) pleased to report the kayaking was absolutely wicked. And arms and core a good workout. It was much more of a workout than i imagined. Today might have to be a 'very easy day' as we are hungover. So a stroll might be the most we do. But we will see, might feel up for biking after brekkie. But might just walk around this place and explore.

• Like 4

This morning, I did some light boxing work: shadow boxing to get the heart rate up and a couple of rounds on the double-end bag as my obsession with mastering that apparatus continues.  Jumped rope for 15 minutes and did 10 minutes of core work (Hanging Leg Raises, Landmine Twists, Good Mornings).  Finished up with a full mobility session.  Did my normal mobility work and practiced a couple of  newer moves that I saw in Stuart McGill's videos on YouTube.

• Like 3

Got right back to the basics this morning.  Strength work: Deadlifts(5x5), Overhead Press(5x5), and Bench Press(5x5).  Finished up with 5 rounds on the heavy bag.

I felt a little like The Count from Sesame Street: 5!  Five sets!  Five reps!  Five rounds!  Today's workout was brought to you by the number...

• Like 3

I have been sluggish with the fitbit, only 6,000 steps average a day for the past week. Weather hasnt been great as well... I gotta try this

https://local.theonion.com/woman-on-gym-treadmill-cranks-incline-up-to-90-degrees-1819591412?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2